Cars & Coffee Monthly

Rennen
Ponton
Model you own: I own multiple different models
Region: New Zealand (Sth Island)

Cars & Coffee Monthly

Post by Rennen »

Hi all. C&C now has a monthly schedule and takes place in the valley (Brisbane) on the fourth Sunday of the month. A website has been made with listings and eventually hundreds of photos.

This is an open invitation no matter what you drive, and as always is a no cost/ no sales environment. Would love to see some of you there and put names to faces to cars to user names :occasion5:

http://www.coffeeandcars.com.au/
Dion
http://www.RennenMetrics.com

1967 W108 250S - Stimpy - Heading to NZ
2004 W211 E500 - RENNEN - SOLD
2012 W218 CLS550 Launch Edition - what a car! - SOLD
mlmurphy
B Class
Model you own: w126

Re: Cars & Coffee Monthly

Post by mlmurphy »

Just thought I'd let you know your site is down. But If we are in Brissy when you have these onwe'd love to come along.
My weekday Job... http://www.mlmurphy.net
My Weekend Job... http://www.essencelimousines.com.au
W126 560SEL stretch... "B1"
W126 420SEL stretch... "B2"
(aka... musical cars, aka... "Thirsty Mercs")
Rennen
Ponton
Model you own: I own multiple different models
Region: New Zealand (Sth Island)

Post by Rennen »

Thanks mimurphy. We have stopped them for now - too much else going on. Happy to have a coffee with you though :occasion5:
Dion
http://www.RennenMetrics.com

1967 W108 250S - Stimpy - Heading to NZ
2004 W211 E500 - RENNEN - SOLD
2012 W218 CLS550 Launch Edition - what a car! - SOLD
GrampiansMerc
M-100
Model you own: w123

Post by GrampiansMerc »

I am organising to come up to Brissy soon, are you still doing these runs...?
1980 w123 300D Silver sedan
1980 w123 300TD "Anna" - sold
1979 300D - sold, gone to be restored

2006 Musso - Korean Mercedes, 5 cylinder diesel - Blown head gasket, buggered motor, grrrrrrr (I will stick with German Mercs)

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe
Increase
A Class
Model you own: w114

Post by Increase »

When will you be holding another one of these runs, I'm new here and would love to meet up with some of you.
Cheers
Michael

1973 W114 280 Daily drive
1999 Toyota Liteace Noah (The Wifes)
Increase
A Class

Post by Increase »

Increase wrote:When will you be holding another one of these runs, I'm new here and would love to meet up with some of you.
Ok guys it has been a month since I posted the question, and no response, :dontknow: I guess there is no one in the Brisbane area wanting to go on a cruise or get together.

This forum appeared to be the hub for Merc owners as it seemed to be the only forum around that actually catered for the older models. :dance:

I am keen to arrange a meet up with other owners as I am new to the MB world and would like to be able to glean some wisdom and tips from some of the more learned. I happy to go on a cruise, arrange a BBQ or just a coffee. :coffee2:

Any response would be appreciated. My apologies if this sounded like a bit of a whinge it was not my intention.

Thanks
Cheers
Michael

bahnstormer109
C 111
Model you own: w109
Region: Queensland

Post by bahnstormer109 »

Hi Michael,

Not sure what sort of car scene your are into, but there are 2 regular meets in Brisbane, but not for old Benzes specifically. These meets are mainly young/ish guys with they're hotted up jap cars etc but there are a few old Benzes that turn up now and then, particularly W108s. Mainly lowered with dubious paint jobs but the W108s seem to be getting popular with the younger guys now.

One is Downshift at the Rocklea showgrounds every month and the other is at Harry's Diner in Wilston every Thursday night. I go along and look around now and then with my 280CE or 3.5 so if you want to go, make a forum post and Ill come along too and we can have at least a couple of old Benzes there.
Paolo
Brisbane

72 300SEL 3.5
82 380SEL
84 280CE
86 560SEL
86 230TE
89 300TE
95 E220
A good Benz these days is hard to find, so please be gentle with this Benz of mine.
Increase
A Class

Re: Cars & Coffee MonthlyIf you have a car with STEEL BARS o

Post by Increase »

Hey Paolo

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not really in any car seen, I guess Oldies and Classics, Now MB
I looked into both of the events you mentioned, Downshift like you said is probably more for the Boy Racers, but Harry's has an event
"If you have a car with STEEL BARS or a CARBURETOR then your invited from 6.00PM to 11.00Pm First and Third Friday of every month"
This I could plan to be involved in, but I was looking to see if any of the guys from the forum would get together on a regular or even irregular outings.

We can maybe try for November as I am waiting on surgery which may happen in the next couple of weeks, so gives plenty of time to plan for it and maybe even see if others want to come along.
Cheers
Michael

jezinbris
Model you own: w124

Post by jezinbris »

Hi All

Just reading this post, and it reminded me of an idea, so please let me know if you are interested...

Coffee and Cars for Older Stars

So, a bi-weekly or monthly Coffee and Cars but for old cars, say 20 years or more....Not sure if turbo'd Jap cars are what i would be wanting, more, classic cars of all makes that were as built, and or old cars with that hint of "hoon" added...

I was thinking along the foreshore of Hamilton Harbour somewhere.... I could arrange a coffee truck, we could have people bring cars and parts to swap/sell etc...

Would be a half day event, maybe 8am to noonish....

What does everyone think?

I would be happy to contact the council and organise, and if there is a cost to the council, we could ask for a gold coin donation to show your car.

cheers

Jez