Llearn to be an di dinki Aussies, you bastard

Forum where discussion is strictly OFF TOPIC and or not suitable for work.
General bile, Politics and other BS discussion goes in here, plus any other shite the admins are sick of putting up with. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If you are easily offended stay out.
Forum rules
Forum discussion is strictly OFF TOPIC and not suitable for workplace viewing.
General bile, Politics and BS discussion goes in here, plus any other shite the admins are sick of putting up with. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If you are easily offended stay out.
DO NOT POST DEFAMATORY CONTENT as the forum admins will happily make it available to Statutory authorities or Lawyers upon request
Hendrik
Mercedes Demigod
Model you own: w124

Llearn to be an di dinki Aussies, you bastard

Post by Hendrik » Tue 19 Aug, 2014 10:05 pm

Tony From West Oz
OZBENZ moderator
Model you own: w202

Re: Llearn to be an di dinki Aussies, you bastard

Post by Tony From West Oz » Tue 19 Aug, 2014 10:53 pm

Hendrik,
Where do you get these from, I am pizzing myself laughing.

Don't forget to watch all in the series, they follow-on.

Tony
Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

'83 W123 300D 325000km (Wife's car Josephine - sold).
'84 W123 300D replaced good OM617 912 with OM617 952 and enjoyed having good acceleration for the first time since first driving a 300D in 2002 - became engine and trans donor for 300CD Turbodiesel conversion. Now parted out.
'86 W124 300D sold (Wife's old car - sold )
'85 W123 300CD, 275 000km (Fatmobile) rebuilt turbodiesel from previous Fatmobile transplanted into 280CE (SOLD)
'99 W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car - Sold)
'98 W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car - Sold)
'06 Ssanyong Musso Crew Cab 2WD Ute (OM662 diesel and Auto Transmission)

McGavin
Adenauer
Model you own: I own multiple different models

Post by McGavin » Wed 20 Aug, 2014 2:20 pm

The bloke I talked too with Telstra this morning sounded very Australian , maybe the training is working or maybe he really was in and from Queensland like he said.

Hendrik
Mercedes Demigod

Post by Hendrik » Wed 20 Aug, 2014 2:46 pm

McGavin wrote:The bloke I talked too with Telstra this morning sounded very Australian , maybe the training is working or maybe he really was in and from Queensland like he said.
Ha ha, snap, I talked to Telstra couple of hours ago as well and got someone who sounded from this part of the world, reason I rang then was cause someone from gofone rang me to apparently save me money on my phone bill, well it hasn't worked out like that, so now I gotta fix my mistake. Bastards won't give me a copy of the recording of the original phone call. "ooh no sir we can't give that to customers" even though it was me and a graduate from the Delhi school of linguistics doing the talking. Kinda hard to fight the buggers if I have to rely on my memory banks, however the mention of the ombudsman made em sit up and pay attention. I do remember Sunil (or whatever his name was) saying that gofone is connected with Telstra in some sense, which they are not, according to telstra.

Ivanerrol
Mercedes Demigod
Model you own: w204

Post by Ivanerrol » Wed 20 Aug, 2014 3:39 pm

Careful people. There are now calls from scam artists based in Asia and Africa who are calling purporting to be Telstra reps.
They are either after internet details or getting you to log on to there site where they take over your machine and steal your personnel details/passwords/account numbers etc etc.
They are also spinning a line on cheaper fone deals and eventually sweet talk you into handing over your credit card or bank account details.
BE WARY. This is a variation on the old Microsoft support centre scam.

I'm getting Skype invitations that lead off to a Trojan/virus download.

Mates Grandson's Apple Mac was last week virused out of existence - hard drive completely scrubbed. Worse he had it linked to his Ipad and Iphone - both which have been tinkered with.
This is the first time I've heard of such a serious breach into Apple.

There are no Dinky Di assies based on foreign soil doing these things. It's time that the FBI declared these hackers and the Nigerians as Terrorists, invoke rendition and a holiday at Guantanamo for the perpetrators.
W211 - E240
W204 - C280
Departed
W202 - C200, C180, C180
W126 - 380SE , 380SE (Ex SA Import), 560SEL
W124 - 300e, 260e (ex Japan)
W111 220s (Indonesia) 4 speed manual column shift
W123 230
W116 450SEL
W140 420SEL
W210 E240, E240
W209 CLK 240
W201 190e 2.6 (ex U.K.)

Hendrik
Mercedes Demigod

Post by Hendrik » Wed 20 Aug, 2014 5:57 pm

Yeah I keep getting 'invoices' from some mob up in Qld for an online business directory, they had their arse kicked a while by the watchdog and now have reworded the 'invoice' to look a bit more like an invite to list or some such crap.
They tend to rely on bigger businesses who don't have a proper financial officer type to check everything twice, paying the money.
I have found that roughly 20% of people are arseholes who will steal the shirt off your back and bill you for their effort, 20% of people are the salt of the earth who will willing give their shirt if it's the last thing they have and there is the 60% rest who sometimes have a shirt on and sometimes they don't.

Return to “Exhaust / Tailpipe”