Aldo's 190e 2.3 16 and race car sponsoring help !

190E 2.3-16, 190E 2.5-16, 190E Evolution 1 & 2 models
16v specific information.
aquaihoi
E Class
Model you own: w201

Aldo's 190e 2.3 16 and race car sponsoring help !

Post by aquaihoi » Thu 26 Sep, 2013 5:27 pm

Hey gang,

long time not on here just to report, big developments with my car, major work being carried out, I will be putting up a blog to document the process of how to restore a 190e 2.3 16 Cosworth, I got quotes form a couple of places for 20k to the cheapest option of 12k - JUST for the rear end which had structural rust - BUT I got it all fixed up for well, let me see, a great price, made a great friend who also has a 2.3 16 under way, I will document this along with contacts which I have found along the way, these guys are no BS and not time wasters and the job . . . speaks for it self, now I'm on a mission to solve the issue of K-Jet and fuel system on the 190e 2.3 16 where it stumbles under acceleration, there are almost 100 points to check for the whole system - from electronics to simple valves to even simpler filters, like the one in the petrol tank - after trawling the web I have found that this is a very common problem that no one knows how to solve, but I'm going to have to solved it . . .

Most people overcome this problem by going the EFI route - I have this planned but I WANT to know about the kjet and I want the damn thing working properly before I go efi for more power and also so I can retro fit it if I ever decide to go concourse condition. For EFI is installation a jenvy throttle body & manifold ( exxxxxpeeennssive )

but I got them for a great price, Custom carbon fibre air box - same as the DTM spec design but with less volume -

A DTM airbox on a slide throttle, DTM 190e's are monsters, the air box is just a HUGE airbox - nothing complicated, they need it
as they idle at 3000rpm and get up and boogy over 9000rpm well over 12000 rpm - our road cars don't really need the volume of O2 as we won't be
revving to 12k anytime soon - not to mention idling at 3k or drinking 1 litre of race gas per km . . . wow some good milage there . .. so one for road use will be a
little . . err . . . " less ambitious "

I will be able to make more of these so when I have them I'll let every one know - I was going to get a genuine M3 E30 carbon air box - but at well over 1k euro / pound - best not get it just to cut it up and worse if it doesn't play well with the 2.3 16 motor, Haltech ECU cause its super tuneable and injectors - don't know yet, might get some saab turbo ones which have super high flow ( recommended ) then drive it for a bit, before engine rebuild with high lift cams / performance crank - looking to get it up to about 250 - 280 ( being conservative here ) - with this setup, change diff back to 3.27 ratio for faster launch as am running 3.07 ASD at the moment - OR bugger them all off and run a 2.0 / 3.46 diff without LSD ( which was fitted to my car ) - so I will have to actually drive properly :laughing6: move along no fancy LSD or ABD BS here . . balls to the floor . . . or don't do the cams and crank and bolt on supercharger for similar performance . . . easier to drive and not so costly and more " civilised " so go with the uncaged wild animal or the civilised build - still thinking about it.

Second note, Mike my bud who I bought my car from is pretty heavy when it comes to getting involved into motorsport and has asked me to kindly spread the word about his new race car project, check this out, he's building a Wider than DTM spec 190e Hill climb car with a whopping V8 motor that goes through the firewall . . . don't believe me ? Have a look at the pics . . . he is looking for sponsors so you get advertising real estate in lieu of - he hasn't quite figured it out yet - but if you guys show a level of interest I will get him going . . . worth a trip to Adelaide to see this monster rip it up !!! And you can have advertising space - I'll be like see . . . thats my company on there see . . . I'm an official sponsor . . . see . . . cool ! Yeah but monster !!! I've told him to make moulds of the body kit - so you guys might be able to buy it from him - IF he makes em . . . enjoy the pics and let us know if anyone is interested in promoting their business / company on mikes car and sponsoring him in the process.

More news soon, lemme put up that blog . . . Marcel haven't forgotten you bud, I will get that lap timer out and send it to you soon as I have a spare moment . . .
Benzina®. Burn it Up !
http://www.benzina.com.au

190e 2.3 16 - Lil Hammer'
( It's like ' Lil Bastard ' but better )

John Green
OZBENZ Admin
Model you own: w112
Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Aldo's 190e 2.3 16 and race car sponsoring help !

Post by John Green » Thu 26 Sep, 2013 8:49 pm

now I'm on a mission to solve the issue of K-Jet and fuel system on the 190e 2.3 16 where it stumbles under acceleration, there are almost 100 points to check for the whole system - from electronics to simple valves to even simpler filters, like the one in the petrol tank - after trawling the web I have found that this is a very common problem that no one knows how to solve, but I'm going to have to solved it . . .
Check the potentiometer on the side of the air flow meter, I bet it goes open circuit just off idle... MB will only sell you the entire assembly for big $$$, but we can get you the black box as a separate part.
Inaugural OZBENZ national meet this September, all welcome to attend. https://ozbenz.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=25165

M.B Spares & Service 14-16 Lyell St, Fyshwick ACT. Ph 02 6239 1099

http://mbspares.com.au - Supporting Australia's Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts.

SuprHasan
Pagoda
Model you own: w204

Post by SuprHasan » Thu 26 Sep, 2013 10:21 pm

I have no advice to give, but I just want to subscribe to this epic thread :bounce:
SuprHasan
2012 C250 CDI Wagon(Sebastian)
2006 Peugot 307 XSR HDI (Sophie)
1988 190E 2.5-16 (George)
1996 Jaguar XJ6 X300 (Kitty)

TwentyFiveSixteen.com - A blog about a Benz

AMG
OZBENZ Admin
Model you own: I own multiple different models
Region: New South Wales

Post by AMG » Thu 26 Sep, 2013 10:25 pm

The stuttgart classics hillclimb car eh?

we'll watch with interest. Pity his website has only a few pics.
Current:
1987 560SL 4sp. auto Signalrot "Stella"
1987 190E 2.3-16 5sp. man. Blauschwarz "Hermann"
1992 300CE-24 6sp. man. Perlblau / Iceblau "Gretel"
1992 Range Rover Classic 4sp auto Ardennes Green "Oswald"
2012 E63 AMG Speedshift MCT Diamantweiß "Klaus"
Previous:
1986 560SEL Anthracitgrau "Schultz" - In Mercedes Heaven
1987 190E 2.6 4sp. auto Signalrot "Sabine" - which now resides/owns Andrew M's Garage
1972 350SLC Astralsilber "Lurch" - now in the loving care of Craig B
1989 2.5-16 Blauschwarz 4sp. auto (parted) formerly owned by Derek/Hasan.
2012 Renault Sport Megane RS265 Trophy 8:08 6 sp. man. Liquid Yellow "Jean Rédélé"

aquaihoi
E Class
Model you own: w201

Post by aquaihoi » Sat 28 Sep, 2013 4:13 pm

Hey John - thanks for that bit, don't believe that I have read about that anywhere, Mike reckons that the fuel lines might need attention and having reading that they may corrode over time and especially if there was ever the slightest bit of water in the fuel I will check the potentiometer and this out . . . knowing me eventually I will have the whole thing replaced and replace fuel lines with stainless steel ones - being a 30 year car I have witnessed first hand how rust effects these cars, my mate said it the best, " the good news is that it's an original car and the bad news is that its an original car ' . . :laughing6: . . .

. . . SuprHasan . . . dude I think I saw one of you videos on youtube . . . yes those window washers are a PIA . . . but don't be so hard, they are people . . . as long as they don't touch the paintwork - windscreens are ok !

Joe - yes - well even he asked me - where the hell will I get time to maintain a blog - thats his problem - build race car or keep website up to date - if you guys want to keep up to date - best to subscribe to his facebook page ad give him a " like " at least - for busy people this is the best " blog " as you can create posts from your phone etc.
https://www.facebook.com/StuttgartClassics
Benzina®. Burn it Up !
http://www.benzina.com.au

190e 2.3 16 - Lil Hammer'
( It's like ' Lil Bastard ' but better )

Return to “2.3 & 2.5 16v model specific forum”