ls powered r107...sorry

Model 107 Specific Mods -
We seem to have a lot of posts around this particular model, I wonder why?!!???
guru600
Dernburg Wagon
Model you own: w108

ls powered r107...sorry

Post by guru600 » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:08 pm

Hey Guy's,

back again, originally posted about the conversion I wanted to do on a w108 but after purchasing the car found it to be quite rusty and not up to the task...a lesson learned by a Merc newbie! :Doh: Then I looked about on this forum and came across this crazy dude racing and drifting this r107... I was in love, so I hunted and found a reasonably clean one, not an easy task over here in W.A. I might add, but now comes the questions...

I don't plan on racing the car as hard as Paul does but I would like to do the odd lap and pass down the drag strip on chrome bumper days just to upset the chevy and ford crowd. Engine swaps are not new to me and I understand this will not be an easy swap so any advice given will be greatly appreciated...My main concern is differential and half shaft strength, obviously up to the job but how much work and what parts are required to make it all live behind my ls 6.0 ltr.

The body and paint are clean, she will get some new wheels, but needs a seat cover or two, hardtop seals and rubbers, some bushes and other suspension parts may also need replacing so any leads to those would also be great.

I'll try keep you all posted as to my progress and await any info eagerly,

cheers and thank's for your help in advance,

George.

Giles
300 SL Gullwing
Model you own: I own multiple different models

Re: ls powered r107...sorry

Post by Giles » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi George,

I had C107 and know them pretty well. I in Australind and if you like some assistance with your project I'd be able to help you out.

PM me with your number if you'd like.

Giles
1981 500SLC (Colour Black) Keeper car Lola
1975 280CE Signal Red Long term Project Ginger
1999 W163 ML430 MB Search & Rescue Vehicle Mary-Lou
1987 W126 420SEL Melb based long hauler Erwin

http://www.kudoscc.com.au

Return to “107 Mods”