Worst drive of my life

1997- Present: ML320, ML430, ML55AMG, ML280CDI 4matic, ML320CDI 4matic, ML420CDI 4matic, ML350 4matic, ML500 4matic, ML63AMG 4matic, GL 320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550, GLK220CDI, GLK280, GLK350, GLK320CDI, GL350 CDI, GL400, GL500
rossie11
C Class
Model you own: w163

Worst drive of my life

Post by rossie11 » Mon 02 Jan, 2017 6:32 pm

I went from Canberra to Burra, NSW, approx 40 min drive. I was very careful as i know there is a problem with the Crank Angle Sensor. Trip out was fine. We were there about an hour and i assumed that the engine would be cold enough to start. I was wrong, it would not start. I had to get my son to come out with his computer and reset it. I drove off about 3 yards and lost all power, no brakes, steering nothing.

Eventually he was able to reset it and i drove off. I got about 500 yards from my home on a busy street and again, all power was lost and almost cause a massive pile up due to the wankers travelling too close behind me. This has convinced to get rid of this car, i just dont feel safe in it anymore. I have a mechanic coming tomorrow to change the sensor, but will this be the end of it. i cant drive it to a dealer or MB Spares, who cant do anything for a few weeks, so whats the answer. I have asked a number of questions on this topic, but nobody wants to answer.

Such a great looking car has turned into a pile of crap and an unsafe pile at that. The feeling of loosing power at 80k is not something i want to go through again.

John Green
OZBENZ Admin
Model you own: w112
Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Worst drive of my life

Post by John Green » Mon 02 Jan, 2017 9:06 pm

If you are sure it is just the crankshaft sensor we can fit it in. Call us tomorrow.
Inaugural OZBENZ national meet this September, all welcome to attend. https://ozbenz.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=25165

M.B Spares & Service 14-16 Lyell St, Fyshwick ACT. Ph 02 6239 1099

http://mbspares.com.au - Supporting Australia's Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts.

Mercmad
Mercedes Demigod
Model you own: w109

Post by Mercmad » Tue 03 Jan, 2017 10:40 am

Scroll to the bottom Rosie...
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=23425

Mercmad
Mercedes Demigod
Model you own: w109

Post by Mercmad » Tue 03 Jan, 2017 10:46 am

rossie11 wrote:I went from Canberra to Burra, NSW, approx 40 min drive. I was very careful as i know there is a problem with the Crank Angle Sensor. Trip out was fine. We were there about an hour and i assumed that the engine would be cold enough to start. I was wrong, it would not start. I had to get my son to come out with his computer and reset it. I drove off about 3 yards and lost all power, no brakes, steering nothing.

Eventually he was able to reset it and i drove off. I got about 500 yards from my home on a busy street and again, all power was lost and almost cause a massive pile up due to the wankers travelling too close behind me. This has convinced to get rid of this car, i just dont feel safe in it anymore. I have a mechanic coming tomorrow to change the sensor, but will this be the end of it. i cant drive it to a dealer or MB Spares, who cant do anything for a few weeks, so whats the answer. I have asked a number of questions on this topic, but nobody wants to answer.

Such a great looking car has turned into a pile of crap and an unsafe pile at that. The feeling of loosing power at 80k is not something i want to go through again.
Your son shouldn't have let you go out without fixing it . If he can find the code then he can see that if it comes on once,can be reset then it comes on again, the part is defective. it aint the cars fault at all. It's like sending a cunstomer out with a leaky radiator because it's friday afternoon.You know the problem but cannot be bother fixing it until monday,better to sort it out now and prevent dramas.

rossie11
C Class
Model you own: w163

Post by rossie11 » Tue 03 Jan, 2017 11:17 am

John Green wrote:If you are sure it is just the crankshaft sensor we can fit it in. Call us tomorrow.
I called a while back and was told you were so busy it could be a couple of weeks or more before you could even look at it.

I have a mechanic coming today to change it.

If its not that Crank Sensor, then what else could be it be, thats what the code says on the computer.

John Green
OZBENZ Admin
Model you own: w112
Region: Australian Capital Territory

Post by John Green » Tue 10 Jan, 2017 7:43 am

rossie11 wrote:
John Green wrote:If you are sure it is just the crankshaft sensor we can fit it in. Call us tomorrow.
I called a while back and was told you were so busy it could be a couple of weeks or more before you could even look at it.

I have a mechanic coming today to change it.

If its not that Crank Sensor, then what else could be it be, thats what the code says on the computer.
Sorry I missed this reply. We certainly can't accept any work where we might be getting into extended diagnosis and who knows what. My point was that if it was just the crank sender and you had a firm diagnosis on it, then yes we can do that. 20 minutes work tops. if it became a 2-3 hour job, no we do not have time.
Inaugural OZBENZ national meet this September, all welcome to attend. https://ozbenz.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=25165

M.B Spares & Service 14-16 Lyell St, Fyshwick ACT. Ph 02 6239 1099

http://mbspares.com.au - Supporting Australia's Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts.

Return to “W163-166, X164-166 & X204-205 ML, GL, GLK / GLC / GLS Class SUV's”