MBCSA Informal Run 1st Sunday of every Month NOW 10am START!

pastelgrey300D
Maybach Exelero
Model you own: w111

MBCSA Informal Run 1st Sunday of every Month NOW 10am START!

Post by pastelgrey300D »

The monthly informal runs continue! Now at the new slightly morning-friendlier start time of 10:00AM! Still on the first Sunday of every month - rain, hail or shine.

Meet at the Burnside Town Hall Carpark (cnr Portrush and Greenhill Rd, enter off Portrush rd or Fisher street).

Hosted by the MB Club of SA, however being an informal run absolutely everyone is welcome, you don't need to be a club member - you don't even need to bring a benz if you're benz-less (or if none of your benzes are running :Doh:).

The route for each run is decided on the day and ususally depends on what everyone feels like and how many people show up - last one was over 10 cars, we've had as many as 20 on previous runs. Each run will usually incorporate some sections of high speed/freeway driving so it's a fantastic oppotunity to bring your car out and give it a nice solid run and some proper exercise!

The run usually concludes at a local cafe/winery/bakery where you can have a coffee or meal and a chat with everyone - on some of the longer runs we've ended up stopping for morning tea and then on to somewhere else for lunch - but it all depends on what everyone feels like on the day. If you need to leave the run halfway or only want to drive so far that's fine too - the last run was to Angaston via Birdwood which was over 100km all up - I had to go to a birthday lunch at 12.00 so I went as far as Birdwood and then headed back. If you don't have anything planned, it's a nice relaxing way to spend a Sunday!

Would be fantastic to see some new faces at the next run on the 5th of June! I'm getting tired of being the youngest person with the oldest car :laughing5: (although I'm probably not the youngest-at-heart! :laughing6: )

See this thread for some pics from previous runs:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10450
David
1967 W111 230S - Horizontblau
1965 W110 190c - Mittelrot
1963 W110 190c - Custom Wagon Conversion (work in progress)
1983 W123 280E - About as modern as I dare to go (rolling resto project)
+ other classics
J-mz
C Class
Model you own: w123

Re: MBCSA Informal Run 1st Sunday of every Month NOW 10am ST

Post by J-mz »

Are these still going? Just moved to Adelaide.
Cheers,
James.
'78 Benz W123 300D
'88 VW Fox (sold)
'86 Volvo 740 wagon (sold)
'69 Benz W114 230 (sold - well, given away in a moment of ill-advised generosity actually!)
'67 VW Type 3 Notchback (sold)
pastelgrey300D
Maybach Exelero

Post by pastelgrey300D »

Absolutely. Still happening rain, hail or shine. Next one on the 4th December.
David
+ other classics
pastelgrey300D
Maybach Exelero

Post by pastelgrey300D »

Some photos from the last run on 4th December which was an absolute pearler, we headed up to Lenswood via Magill rd and Norton Summit and ended up at one of the local orchards for some cherry picking. Stopped in to a local winery next door where we enjoyed the view and had some very generously sized 'tastings'. Beautiful day for a hills run with temperatures in the mid-high 20s and clear skies. We had a mix of around a dozen cars, ranging from my '67 230S to a 2011 E-class cabrio and almost everything in between.

Finnie stalks its prey...

Cherries were massive and very tasty, and they were only charging $5 a kilo - we left with a shopping bag full (only lasted a week though! :laughing6: )

Epic View!
David
+ other classics
GrampiansMerc
M-100
Model you own: w123

Post by GrampiansMerc »

Still doing the runs, I would be keen to come over and would organise to make sure I was there on 1st Sunday!
My car came from Adelaide and would like to come over to check out Harndorf, car museum etc.
1980 w123 300D Silver sedan
1980 w123 300TD "Anna" - sold
1979 300D - sold, gone to be restored

2006 Musso - Korean Mercedes, 5 cylinder diesel - Blown head gasket, buggered motor, grrrrrrr (I will stick with German Mercs)

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe
pastelgrey300D
Maybach Exelero

Post by pastelgrey300D »

Yep, they are still happening - although for the April run I think we will be busy preparing for the national rally at Easter. Other than that it's 10am as usual, rain hail or shine.

I love Hahndorf but in the last few years it has just become crazy on the weekends and is absolutely crammed full of tourists - so if you do decide to come over you'll need to book a table at the Hahndorf inn (well, that's my favourite of the three pubs) otherwise you'll be eating a pie from the servo for lunch! :laughing6:
David
+ other classics
pastelgrey300D
Maybach Exelero

Re: MBCSA Informal Run 1st Sunday of every Month NOW 10am START!

Post by pastelgrey300D »

Hello all, it's been a while since an update but these monthly informal runs are still continuing - rain, hail or shine!

I have also just discovered another event that coincides with our FSOM run is the 'Coffee N Chrome SA' meet which starts at 8am on the first Sunday of each month - if you're an early riser this is a great opportunity to meet up and see some other cars and grab some coffee and breakfast, then it's only a short 10 minute drive from Mile End to Burnside for the start of the MB FSOM run at 10:00am!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688396314792798/
Coffee N Chrome is held at Mile End, Homemaker Centre, 8.00am to 10.30am on the first Sunday of every month. Coffee N Chrome is an opportunity for owners of classic vehicles to take out their cars and bikes, share their classic vehicles with the public, and to enjoy the company of family, friends and fellow motor enthusiasts. Those that attend Coffee N Chrome appreciate the beauty of automotive art and believe that classic vehicles should be ‘driven, not hidden’. Proudly supported by Michel's Patisserie; have a coffee, have breakfast, bring your family, catch up with friends, and enjoy Coffee N Chrome. Steel classics; original & resto, street machines & race vehicles, rods, rats, custom and show, Aussie, US and British steel, bikes with chrome and café racers; all classics welcome.
You don't need to be a member of the MB club SA to join in the FSOM run, being an informal run the route is decided on the day by those who turn up, however we have been suggesting that anyone coming along maybe bring some ideas of a route or if there are any other events/shows of interest happening on the day we could drive to or visit.

Here's a pic of some of the cars from the August FSOM run:
FSOM AUG 17.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
+ other classics