Vito front disk brakes + a ? or 2

Commercial Vehicle & Unimog Discussions and Information.
Squirralien
A Class
Model you own: w124

Vito front disk brakes + a ? or 2

Post by Squirralien » Mon 08 Mar, 2010 1:16 am

Firstly could someone tell me what the 2001 Vito 112CDI model is as far as the W124 type model number, I did have a W124 but have sold it,,

Anyway I am wondering if anyone could tell me if the front disk brakes are a straight forward job, I need to put new disks and pads on and not sure if any special tools are required or not,
I have done normal disk brakes on other non Mercedes cars but not Mercedes Vito,, I just need to save some money, I have wasted so much money on this van having work done and it not being done as it should so I think it's time I start to do some of the more basic stuff myself,,

Also the clock in the dash, I have to tap it to get it to light up, you can see it when its not but just a contact that's not to good I think,, has anyone repaired this issue before.

I had what sounded like an exhaust leak like a choofing noise so to cut a long story short it cost me $3500 and it still does it from time to time and I didn't take it back because I didn't want the vehicle off the road again, it was off the road for about 5 or 6 weeks, supposadly needed the brass washers under the diesel injectors replaced, well the injectors were completely seized in the head,, what a nightmare.

It is extremely hard to get any work done and done right not to mention without going for a mortgage on the house, and I won't go in to the rip off scammers that I bought it from, yes a local Mercedes van dealer.

Ok thanks for any help and suggestions if you have any

John Green
OZBENZ Admin
Model you own: w112
Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Vito front disk brakes + a ? or 2

Post by John Green » Mon 08 Mar, 2010 9:08 am

It is a W638.

Yes brakes are a very simple job, the hub does not need to be removed. make sure to use Original Equipment parts (like we sell) so that you do not compromise the brakes and ESP system. To order front and/or rear brake pads for this model you first need to work out which type of calipers you have "Bosch" or "ATE". This is one of the stupid cases where putting the VIN number in the EPC will not work it out. So strip a wheel off and have a look before you order.

The issue of the black death from the leaking injector is very common, (unfortunatly)

We deliver Australia wide at compeditive prices, but are shut today (Canberra Day) phone 1300 787 300 on Tuesday for a quote.
Inaugural OZBENZ national meet this September, all welcome to attend. https://ozbenz.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=25165

M.B Spares & Service 14-16 Lyell St, Fyshwick ACT. Ph 02 6239 1099

http://mbspares.com.au - Supporting Australia's Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts.

Squirralien
A Class
Model you own: w124

Re: Vito front disk brakes + a ? or 2

Post by Squirralien » Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:40 pm

Ok thanks John I just wish I didn't live so far away,, It would be so good to have people that you can trust working on the vehicle.

I also hope no one takes my comments about my local Merc Van dealer as an Indication on all as I think I just found one that has no morals or importance on customer satisfaction,
Infact they have a new and S/H side to the business and its the s/h side that I delt with so I would only assume and hope the new side run their business completely different,
the ones I bought the car from should be selling rusty defective vehicles to some man made reef company where morals and customer satisfaction might not be so important

Return to “O319/L319, Commercial vehicles and Unimogs”