W212 interior

1995-Present : E200, E220D, E240, E290TD, E300, E300TD, E200, E240, E250, E280, E300, E320, E420, E430, E350, E500 E55AMG, E63AMG & incl. blueTEC & BlueEfficiency, All CLS models
Ivanerrol
Mercedes Demigod
Model you own: I own multiple different models
Region: Victoria

W212 interior

Post by Ivanerrol »

My W212 wagon 2010 model with only 55K Kilometers.

Here's an image of the front seat squab
IMG_7586.jpg
Yep. That's the leather worn away.
Not your MB Tex which lasts longer than the mechanical's of the car.
Apparently very common on late model cars. fortunately the replacement seat covers are readily available.

My car is under extended warranty - I'll put a claim in and see how I Go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current
S212 - E350 Wagon
W213 - E220d
Departed
W211 - E240
W204 - C280
W202 - C200, C180, C180
W126 - 380SE , 380SE (Ex SA Import), 560SEL
W124 - 300e, 260e (ex Japan)
W111 220s (Indonesia) 4 speed manual column shift
W123 230
W116 450SEL
W140 420SEL
W210 E240, E240
W209 CLK 240
W201 190e 2.6 (ex U.K.)
John Green
Mercedes Demigod
Model you own: w112
Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: W212 interior

Post by John Green »

Ivanerrol wrote: Sat 20 Jun, 2020 9:08 pm My W212 wagon 2010 model with only 55K Kilometers.

Here's an image of the front seat squab
IMG_7586.jpg

Yep. That's the leather worn away.
Not your MB Tex which lasts longer than the mechanical's of the car.
Apparently very common on late model cars. fortunately the replacement seat covers are readily available.

My car is under extended warranty - I'll put a claim in and see how I Go.
That wouldn't happen on one of those superior W123 wagons.... :cheers:
Kind regards, / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

John Green, Member Institute Automotive Mechanical Engineers

http://mbspares.com.au - Supporting Australia's Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts.
CraigB
Mercedes Demigod
Model you own: I own multiple different models

Re: W212 interior

Post by CraigB »

Leather can vary in a natural hide - do you think it is uniformly wearing or could it be 'a bad bit'? I love my mb tex, but I was watching Landline on the weekend and they were saying how leather and sheep skins costing now to dump. They explained it by a well constructed and executed campaign by narrow minded 'crazies' - animal liberationists etc, which across the world has virtually killed leather etc trade. Putting it in perspective without too much thought - not stopping the consumption of meat, from which the skins are a byproduct, but create a huge market for increased use of petro chemicals to produce artificial products, that one could argue has adverse effects on ecosystems important for the survival of all species, including more than just those that look cute with fluffy skins. And along the way help to destroy sustainable rural communities and increase urban production.

But i know for industries consistency in supply is important to them and natural products can throw in some curve balls, and hence the question. There was a time when sports shoe manufacturers used the superior qualities of kangaroo leather and this fitted well with control where there was 'overabundance' that negatively impacted on production and also natural ecosystem health (a problem created by our elimination of the top predator the Dingo in certain areas - roos not a problem north of the dog fence). But roo breeding is impacted by seasons and it was mainly changes in supply that the big companies didn't like, not interested in stock piling. And it didn't hurt to seperate themselves from products of such a cute looking animal - despite the fact that studies show that up to 60% of an overabundant population will die from starvation and dehydration in drought, but if numbers were reduced to a level closer to natural levels, their natural ability to self abort etc in drought means much more chance the available resources will carry that population through a drought. So the instant bullet death for a some means saving most of them from the worst death..... not to mention the impact of all the other creatures in the ecosystem after everything gets denuded. And the evidence is there to see for any of the crazies if they want to open their eyes. Same drought conditions, look one side of the dog fence where there is a naturally controlled by dingo population and then look inside the devastation inside fence where we could atificially replicate the impact of the dingo (but a bit kinder getting a bullet rather than torn apart by a pack of dogs) - and not to forget the impacts to industry inside the fence, that in a lot of cases double as free land carers of ecosystems. Not always the case but it can happen and the evidence is also there.

Sorry about the rant..... the Landline episode has been eating at me since Sunday and the thought of the leather wear triggered those thoughts!
Craig Baulderstone
280s's
280SE3.5
280SL Ruby
300TE Otto
350SL Gloria
350SLC Lurch
450SEL Boris
500SEC's...including Syd
560SEL's Foufou and Zac