Jus Thinkin

Forum where discussion is strictly OFF TOPIC and or not suitable for work.
General bile, Politics and other BS discussion goes in here, plus any other shite the admins are sick of putting up with. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If you are easily offended stay out.
Forum rules
Forum discussion is strictly OFF TOPIC and not suitable for workplace viewing.
General bile, Politics and BS discussion goes in here, plus any other shite the admins are sick of putting up with. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If you are easily offended stay out.
DO NOT POST DEFAMATORY CONTENT as the forum admins will happily make it available to Statutory authorities or Lawyers upon request
konrad
Adenauer
Model you own: w112

Jus Thinkin

Post by konrad » Sat 31 Oct, 2015 8:27 pm

If all of those seemingly fit and healthy young men and women flooding into Europe were given 6 months military training, a gun and a box of ammunition before being sent back then couldn't they defeat their oppressors and recover their Country and freedom? methinks: if they're not willing to defend the Country of their forefathers, how can anyone anticipate greater loyalty to their new Country?

Lance
Adenauer
Model you own: w114

Re: Jus Thinkin

Post by Lance » Sat 31 Oct, 2015 9:17 pm

Don't talk sense, you might upset someone!
Regards,
Lance Smart

W114 280E 5 speed manual
W123 280E

konrad
Adenauer
Model you own: w112

Post by konrad » Sat 31 Oct, 2015 10:23 pm

It's Official !
Bill Shorten is MAD.
Votes for 16 year olds?
Why not 15 or 14?
Ponder this for a moment. Would you give your 16 year old son/daughter voting rights in your family where their vote was EQUAL to those of the parents?
Where 3 children could OUT VOTE you on decisions about purchases? ( sell the house, buy a new car, invest, save, allocate spending priorities etc)
Bloody MAD.
TIME TO GO BILL.
YOU'VE LOST IT COMPLETELY.

AMG
OZBENZ Admin
Model you own: I own multiple different models

Post by AMG » Wed 04 Nov, 2015 11:50 am

Agreed.
As much as I support sensible policy, this is absolute stupidity. No 16 year old has a trucking clue about running a country or what's important, other than girls (or boys) and sex.

There are lots of other things to think about - like consequences of policy changes to foreign trade, Mining, immigration, ECONOMICS, pensions, HIGHER EDUCATION, social security, medicare, DEFENCE, TAX POLICY, and a raft of other things that 16 year olds have absolutely no interest or care in or ability to actually analyze.

And I had to wait until I was 18 to vote, and even then, I was sure that I took it a whole load more seriously than others of my age, as I WAS WORKING and not pissing it up or bonging on at university like my friends.

no, not even ⅔ of the sub 21 y.o. population give a rats arse about politics.

IMO the voting age should be raised to 21. and political science should be a mandatory subject in year 11 & 12. i.e. 'the truth about politicians and why they want your vote'

These kids are far less aware than my generation which coincidentally is the first generation to have to PAY HECS FEES. thanks to my parents generation allowing this to happen.

Complete overhaul of Higher education policy is needed as well - which is what the feds are responsible for. You think a 16 year old has any trucking clue about this? ha. too busy thinking about themselves.
Current:
1987 560SL 4sp. auto Signalrot "Stella"
1987 190E 2.3-16 5sp. man. Blauschwarz "Hermann"
1992 300CE-24 6sp. man. Perlblau / Iceblau "Gretel"
1992 Range Rover Vogue SE 4sp auto Ardenne Green "Oswald"
2012 Renault Sport Megane RS265 Trophy 8:08 6 sp. man. Liquid Yellow "Jean Rédélé"
Previous:
1986 560SEL Anthracitgrau "Schultz" - In Mercedes Heaven
1987 190E 2.6 4sp. auto Signalrot "Sabine" - which now resides/owns Andrew M's Garage
1972 350SLC Astralsilber "Lurch" - now in the loving care of Craig B
1989 2.5-16 Blauschwarz 4sp. auto (parted) formerly owned by Derek/Hasan.

Return to “Exhaust / Tailpipe”