Used oil burner testing

Forum where discussion is strictly OFF TOPIC and or not suitable for work.
General bile, Politics and other BS discussion goes in here, plus any other shite the admins are sick of putting up with. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If you are easily offended stay out.
Forum rules
Forum discussion is strictly OFF TOPIC and not suitable for workplace viewing.
General bile, Politics and BS discussion goes in here, plus any other shite the admins are sick of putting up with. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If you are easily offended stay out.
DO NOT POST DEFAMATORY CONTENT as the forum admins will happily make it available to Statutory authorities or Lawyers upon request
Tony From West Oz
OZBENZ moderator
Model you own: w202

Used oil burner testing

Post by Tony From West Oz » Sun 03 Aug, 2014 2:45 am

I am building a burner to install in our home heating stove. The stove has a "wet back" which allows us to boost our solar hot water system in winter. We would like it to also provide hydronic heat to the house, as it is ineffective in heating the rooms at each end of our home.

I have made a video of the burner testing arrangement and the burner in operation. At full power it uses less than 3 litres of used oil per hour and at low power, less than 1 litre per hour.

It has been uploaded to Youtube at http://youtu.be/0ebtjmkpCoQ
Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

'83 W123 300D 325000km (Wife's car Josephine - sold).
'84 W123 300D replaced good OM617 912 with OM617 952 and enjoyed having good acceleration for the first time since first driving a 300D in 2002 - became engine and trans donor for 300CD Turbodiesel conversion. Now parted out.
'86 W124 300D sold (Wife's old car - sold )
'85 W123 300CD, 275 000km (Fatmobile) rebuilt turbodiesel from previous Fatmobile transplanted into 280CE (occasional tourer)
'99 W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car - Sold)
'98 W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car - Sold)
'06 Ssanyong Musso Crew Cab 2WD Ute (OM662 diesel and Auto Transmission)

redlaser
Finnie
Model you own: w126

Re: Used oil burner testing

Post by redlaser » Sun 03 Aug, 2014 10:17 am

Hi Tony..A plumber related a story how he used a "wetback" stove to a friend whilst he was in the states...got a shock reaction from his friend..apparently "wetback" is a derogatory term..a faux pas or socially akward saying... and to be avoided over there!!!..he used "jacketed" instead from then on!!

Return to “Exhaust / Tailpipe”