Fuelwatch

Forum where discussion is strictly OFF TOPIC and or not suitable for work.
General bile, Politics and other BS discussion goes in here, plus any other shite the admins are sick of putting up with. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If you are easily offended stay out.
Forum rules
Forum discussion is strictly OFF TOPIC and not suitable for workplace viewing.
General bile, Politics and BS discussion goes in here, plus any other shite the admins are sick of putting up with. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If you are easily offended stay out.
DO NOT POST DEFAMATORY CONTENT as the forum admins will happily make it available to Statutory authorities or Lawyers upon request
Ludwig
Pagoda
Model you own: I own multiple different models

Fuelwatch

Post by Ludwig » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 8:48 pm

Do other States have a system which monitors fuel prices?
Here in WA we have the government run Fuelwatch which requires service stations to advise next days prices every day.
These are then released on a website which can be easily accessed or (wait for it) one can register the localities in which one works/lives or travels through and next day's fuel prices are emailed through.
This is a great system. As an example I had to go to the city today (I live out of town) and took some jerry cans to fill for farm machinery. Today ulp was as low as 111.9 cpl while tomorrow the same servo is charging 136.9 cpl (others are up to 138.9)
This is a great system.
1954 W180
1964 W112 300SE lang
1971 W109 300SEL 3.5Litre
1981 W123 280e (2)
1982 W124 230e

compress ignite
A Class
Model you own: w124

Re: Fuelwatch

Post by compress ignite » Sun 02 Jul, 2017 3:49 pm

Nah ! US Government is too closely aligned with Producers.
We're supposed to believe Fuel just magically appears in the underground tanks at the Service Stations.
[AND that "Pricing" is NEVER conspiratorial amongst the local suppliers. I.E. It Also magically "Appears"]

There is However a "User Network" called "Gas Buddy" where one can enter the latest self observed prices
Honor System Only!

https://www.gasbuddy.com/

I've talked to Tanker Operators (Class 8 Truck Drivers) who operate from Florida Rock and Tank
and
Kinder Morgan (An Oil Pipeline Terminal Owner one of whose Terminals is in Augusta,GA) Tanker Operators.

All of whom tell me what a "Racket" (Ongoing, Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organization) the whole
fuel mess is in the 'States.

Example: Petrol+ Diesel in the North Georgia Mountains is CHEAPER than in Chattanooga,Tn/Atlanta,Ga/Ashville,Nc
AND yet ALL the Fuel has to be Trucked into the mountains @ a cost of at least $400.USD per load.From the before
mentioned cities!

ALSO the fuel itself is CRAPPOLA
I.E. 87 (RON) Octane unleaded [with ONLY 10% Ethanol,if we're lucky] is actually 76 (RON) Octane !
Diesel has more than 2% H2O dissolved in it. Plus, You'll NEVER see Diesel with a Cetane above 38 !

pastelgrey300D
OZBENZ Admin
Model you own: w111

Post by pastelgrey300D » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 1:18 pm

Closest thing I've found here is motormouth, fairly accurate in giving prices. I have the app on my phone and it works well.

It's a free app, but only gives you a limited number of 'price reveals' - although I think you get more if you actually help by updating prices when you are at the servo. They get their prices from a combination of public updates and a feed from major service stations.

https://motormouth.com.au/
David
1967 W111 230S - Horizonblau
1965 W110 190c - Mittelrot
1967 W110 200D - Weiss (work in progress)
+ other classics

Mercmad
Mercedes Demigod
Model you own: w109

Post by Mercmad » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 5:25 pm

Fuel watch is being reincarnated as power bill watch. Watch them rise but don't bother complaining because your local member is getting nicely rich on the proceeds , especially if he is that mealy mouthed prick ,Turnbull.

Return to “Exhaust / Tailpipe”