supercharged 450SLC 5.6

Model 107 Specific Mods -
We seem to have a lot of posts around this particular model, I wonder why?!!???
supercharger
Gelandewagen
Model you own: w107

supercharged 450SLC 5.6

Post by supercharger » Thu 09 Oct, 2008 9:19 am

So now its done the 560 engine is tomorrow going to get a new home and the homes name is 450SLC 1975 with lots of room to make much noise in :D so i replaced all the bearings but the crank didnt need to be grinded just polished , checked the oilpump to as well .even checked the valveguides and did a good valve job and replaced the gaskets and so on the good thing is nothing whas worned out ore anything . so now the engine is done and compression ratio is 9.0 not to sure but i think its 279hp stock and 440 nm torque . how ever with my agressive Vortech T-trim on this one is really going wake it up even furter more than the 500engine i run before . then i will do a few dyno pulls and show it over here .

Bluefang
Gelandewagen

Re: supercharged 450SLC 5.6

Post by Bluefang » Fri 10 Oct, 2008 12:05 pm

ohhh this is going to be interesting :twisted:
http://www.facebook.com/ausemoto
Electric vehicle conversions. I can make anything run on electric power :)

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Sat 11 Oct, 2008 6:28 am

thanks man and i think so to , did you know i got a torque and power on a diagram from mercedes that shows some interestening numbers , i read from the diagram now and check this out , at 1000rpm 58horses and 400nm .... follows to 3750 RPM and i think it reads 190 HP and 440nm ... then to the end 5000RPM 279 HP same torque , 6000RPM the HP gets down to 245 and torque stays at 320nm . does this tells us something it does and that is superb job from mercedes who know what the did . and then remember no headers no EFI no forced induction nothing just basic engine breathing . so i cant wait intil my Vortech T-trim take place on the engine and i think i will push 10 psi and that would be enough for this cind of engine numbers :mrgreen: . really folks it going to be super cool

Bluefang
Gelandewagen

Post by Bluefang » Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:24 pm

Hey Supercharger, do u know a guy named Pumpish he lives in Sweden too and seems to be in love with SCing Mercedes engines, tho he seems to be sticking with Straight 6s atm rather then the V8s :D

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Sun 12 Oct, 2008 3:40 am

hell yeah i know that guy we use to hang around and do some crazy stuff together but now we are not see each other that much any longer so , but he does most turbocharging rather than SC and like you said straight sixes M103 .

Bluefang
Gelandewagen

Post by Bluefang » Sun 12 Oct, 2008 6:53 pm

Well i think i ll be putting a 6speed manual in my car eventualy, i should be getting details of 2 conversions of M116/7/9 conversions to 6 speed manuals that have been completed and are working in the next week, one guy i have chatted to a bit and is more then willing to send details like what parts he used to do it(only fabricated bolt wholes on the flywheel and changed the shift linkage length). Just have to wait for them to get time to get back to me :twisted: Hopefully doing all this will let me solve my rear oil leak problem at the same time. And seeing as i ll most likely need to change my rear Diff fix that oil leak too lol

The 5 speed auto is still on the burners, The TCU isnt fully programed to run the auto i want to use, so i have to either wait a long time or go to manual which will mean better ability for modification seeing as the manual is rated for almost double the power and torque of the auto. But to me Mercedes means automatic....but manual is sooo good....... :shock: :roll: :shock:

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Sun 12 Oct, 2008 10:30 pm

wow man thats really cool i can say , so you thinking of 6 speed box onto your M117 ironblock right? when you get it on and work properly you gonna gain a whole lot of milage and increase in acc to allmost a second it diff . There is a test that mercedes did in early 70s the cars whas then 350sl slushy vs 350sl 4 speed aut , the same as W108 280SE 3.5 used to have stock . however they tested it out and found readings that showed 1second from 0-100kmh and more than 5 kmh at top speed , the test driver told then after he drove both cars he said...my god it whas like blowing out a candle , between slushy and 4 speed tranny the temper whas down and it missed potential ..

Bluefang
Gelandewagen

Post by Bluefang » Mon 13 Oct, 2008 9:58 pm

Yeah should be very interesting, tho i still dont know a price for the manuals here in Australia, There are alot more of the manuals vrs the autos but from what i can tell they might end up been more expensive and my normal parts guy doesnt have any on hand and wont give me a price and obviously no chance to look at it and measure up if he doesnt have one lol. But yeah the improvement should be MASSIVE, and i will most likely go for the manual one, A) makes the car more sporty :D B)More fun to drive C) Better gear ratios then the auto D)Much stronger then the auto so better for later upgrades.

Hurry up, i wana see pics of this 560 monster going into your car, and then the dyno, you gota beat the turbo straight 6s 650hp :mrgreen:

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:09 am

Sure man there is a high speed race going on in my mind right now and to get thrue this engine swap fast as hell LOL maby this weekend and put the engine in the car absolutely next week and i must modd the oilpan from 560 engine to axept space for SLC subframe , otherwise it will tuch the bottom om the oilpan to the subframe but thats no problem to do , when that is done ,,,,the game can begin ,,,,will see how the numbers going to look from the dyno tho .

Bluefang
Gelandewagen

Post by Bluefang » Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:36 am

update update :mrgreen:
Hows the engine oil pan modding going, would love to hear how u modified it.(hmm i wonder how much a 560 would cost here in Australia, easy way to get a number of horsies, M119 is >>>> then a M117 iron block too) Dont go too fast with the installation, make sure u take time to photograph every little thing you do to it. :)

Saving money atm to go overseas to USA to see my brother in like march next year, will be going to Athens for Greek easter after that(i aint Greek, i got invited with free accommodation and lots of Greek food lol) so if u have time around then i would love to come up to Sweden for a few days or so to see this monster car your building along with the firebreather that Pumpish is crafting atm too, so wont be doing much other then general cheap things on my car, mainly cosmetic/structual stuff i can do myself.

Starting to love manual shifting my car, 0-100 in 1st gear.....WTF lol

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Mon 20 Oct, 2008 5:01 am

Hi man ure right pic every tiny thing and i will do so i use my camera hard sometimes , now i have some good pics to show but i will get little more pics and then ill post it so you can view , and you are wellcome to sweden and hang around with us and i will take you on a real SLC trip with lots of torque and power tho , and you can try it your self just to feel it personaly . Well a perfect sollution whoud be to buy a 560 engine here in sweden and dismantle it totaly then remove the heads and just have the block with pistons and separate heads and son on then take it back home must be a possibility i think tho .

Bluefang
Gelandewagen

Post by Bluefang » Mon 20 Oct, 2008 5:56 pm

Lol, i dont think a 560 engine will fit in my lugage :cry:

But yeah your right, it will probably be alot better and might even be cheaper to get the engine over there and have it shipped back to Australia. Euro spec 560...mmm drooollll. Airfreight will be too much, shipping should only be about $1-200 port-port, i ll just have to figure out how to collect it at this end

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Thu 23 Oct, 2008 5:40 am

LOL but hey why dont you take it apart totaly i seriously think you can get the block and the heads and cams piece by piece inyour trunk , dont you think .in the same time :roll: .hmmmm maby it will go :D

Bluefang
Gelandewagen

Post by Bluefang » Tue 04 Nov, 2008 10:59 pm

Hey man, hows the project going? I recently found out that i can get a 722.6xx automatic for $1400, +$1000 for all the controllers so i am certainly going to set myself up to change to a 5speed automatic :-) The 722.6 can be bolted to a M119 depending on the bellhousing used. So it should just bolt straight up to a M117/M116 with out any modifications at all. Also should fit in the transmission tunnel with out any modifications.

So once i have been to visit you in Sweden, if i make it over there, and collected a nice big powerful 560 engine i ll hook a 722.6 transmission to it before i install it. Should make the car pretty fast. I have been thinking about using a Eaton type supercharger tho with a self made intake, have u had much experience with a Screw/roots type and if so why did u end up going with a Centrifuge type?

The Automatic should be able to handle a fair wack of power, its used on the V12 and some AMG cars i think. Not sure what its actually speced to handle tho

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Sun 09 Nov, 2008 11:09 pm

hi man well the project is going just fine now this weekend im going to put the engine in the house so if i make it i will be driving it to the end of the week that coming it depends much on that guy who is helping me out with my oilpan there is a few modds on it i show you on the pics when i got it done .and about the tranny im not to sure it will fit to bolt on like on the M117 560 engine i think there is another bolt cirkumference . ohhh byt the way i sold my Autronic SM4 and bought a Haltech E11v2 and im going to run locked out 560s distributor setup , but still tune the ignition in the software like before and run 560 standard coil and so on this setup is far enough to ignite more than ever going to reach , its all that talk about 8 separate coils and CDI ignitons and so on hey be realistic here there is never ever such RPM ore such absurdum of boost you ever going to use right ? so that cind of setup is totally wasted i know i tried it . so from now on single coil distributor locked out ofcourse and cranktrigger from the flyweel stock tho works hell that good :D .

Bluefang
Gelandewagen

Post by Bluefang » Thu 13 Nov, 2008 4:48 pm

By locked out do u mean having it not change with the vacuum and have the coil firing controlled by your ECU to adjust the advance rather then the engine vacuum? With this are you going to upgrade the coil or do you think that the stock one will be able to cope with the power needed to get a good spark under pressure?

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Fri 14 Nov, 2008 9:17 am

hell yeah no problem with the coil and this output is 44.000 volts and with a good dwelltime 3.5ms it covers more than 650hp with ease ore you can boost more than 16 psi @ 6000RPM . so about the locked out timing its no vacuum advance and bob weights the advance is made and controlled in the software just useing the distributor for spark.

Bluefang
Gelandewagen

Post by Bluefang » Fri 14 Nov, 2008 12:37 pm

Talking about putting other engines in a C107 engine bay, did u ever consider the M119? Do u know if it would fit in the engine bay, assuming that its smaller then the M100. Because atm my engine is making a ticking noise from the timing chain area when i start the car after its been sitting for a little bit. Which is another $600 job added to a $700 job to get my rear seal replaced ontop of a engine thats not really in the best shape which on idle bumps and shakes like crazy sometimes. And with wanting to put a 5speed auto from a M119 into my car, it would be alot easier to install the M119 as well rather then having to adapt the gearbox to a M117.

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Sat 15 Nov, 2008 12:24 pm

Okay man i know what you thinking of here its sometimes twisted thaughts about considering engine swap ore rebuilt the stock engine after what you told me , but M119 is more effective but im not to sure if it fits maby the valve covers will collide with the hood , i think it whas a problem with the old M117 560 with AMG heads DOHC the engine got to tall if you know how i mean and i think its maby the same with M119 but on the otherhand it fits under bonnet on a 500E :? :?

Bluefang
Gelandewagen

Post by Bluefang » Tue 18 Nov, 2008 12:08 am

Hmm i ll have to wait till my friendly salvage yard gets a M119 engined car in so i can go measure it up properly, I was looking into shipping costs for the engine from Sweden to Aus, will end up over $1K+ just to ship it, so i think i ll have to give that a miss and hence me looking into either a M119 or designing my own sheet metal intake to support a Eaton M112/M90 supercharger for the M116/7 engines along with a pulley to replace the stock one. Anyone that uses Megasquirt or someother aftermarket ECU on these cars should be able to pretty much plug a play with just a 5psi boost from a M90, or with the M112 could design it to run a Water injection cooling system to higher boost.

First thing is first, get my self a job as a welder so i don't have to pay thru the nose to get everything made and do it all myself so i can make it for others too :) and all after the New year, cept for the job, me so broke :(

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:36 am

i know its a good start to measure but its hard to get to know for sure i mean when you standing there and think this going to fit right on ore sligtly modd then its not the way u think ore hope it would be as you hoped anyway tho . , but its good to make own weldings i often think wow man if i left it to some one else whole kow this would ruin my as a lot and fry my balls tho , so try to get to eb a good welder then your in the ball park peaople come to you and then you get paid thats nice i can tell.. you know to day my oilpan got ready and i mount in on the engine looks really nice i can tell , fits perfect and the surface okay i hade to planed it a little but now its factory sealing . to morrow my 560 engine is moving in to my SLC ....more to come

Bluefang
Gelandewagen

Post by Bluefang » Fri 05 Dec, 2008 12:57 am

Hows the Supercar coming along? I am really looking forward to hearing how it all went getting it running etc.

I hope u have been thinking about getting some wider wheels and bigger brakes lol, so much power :)

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Sun 07 Dec, 2008 11:04 pm

hi man its going fine just had to do some other work to get more cash , so now its allmost done just some minor things to connect. Intercooler some oil lines to oilcooler and oilpressure gauge in the car . and i must weld new boost pipes on the outlet of the intercooler , and exhaust system i must weld a second lambda bung to accept a second wide band lambda sensor so i will run twin sensors .

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Mon 08 Dec, 2008 9:01 am

so this is 560 engine at the best
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Mon 08 Dec, 2008 9:06 am

Haltech e11v2 engine management system
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Mon 08 Dec, 2008 9:12 am

soon time to crank it over

Bluefang
Gelandewagen

Post by Bluefang » Mon 08 Dec, 2008 10:37 pm

Wow, that engine is soo clean :shock: Aside from that it looks awesome, that's for giving us a update.

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Tue 09 Dec, 2008 5:43 am

thanks alot man , i whas online to day and did some setups ready and configs to so next step will be 9liter oil , crank it over to get oilpressure reading , exhaust system , radiator connect oil cooler intercooler supercharger belt and wrooooom let the show begin ....

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Wed 10 Dec, 2008 7:02 am

here is some more to look at

Bluefang
Gelandewagen

Post by Bluefang » Wed 10 Dec, 2008 6:30 pm

Looking good, so this time make sure you get some numbers on how much power it actually puts out :)

supercharger
Gelandewagen

Post by supercharger » Thu 11 Dec, 2008 8:37 am

hell yeah i must just do that .. and to night i whent online again and turned it over checked the program software and found 185 cranking RPM rock solid rpm and full spark like it should .

Return to “107 Mods”