Fuel gauge malfunction A168

1997-Present : Covers All A-Class models and the new CLA class.
praxidice
Model you own: w168

Fuel gauge malfunction A168

Post by praxidice » Tue 14 May, 2013 9:06 am

Has anyone experienced fuel gauge malfunction on W168 ?? I expect I'll need to replace the sender unit which isn't particularly easy to access.

John Green
OZBENZ Admin
Model you own: w124

Re: Fuel gauge malfunction A168

Post by John Green » Sun 26 May, 2013 5:10 pm

Unfortunatly this is a common fault with these. However unlike some later model MB's you can buy the fuel gauge on its own without having to buy the compleate fuel pump/sender package.

Tank is under the car so can be a bugger to get to unless you have a hoist. Order and change your fuel filter at the same time.
Save up to 50% on your Mercedes-Benz parts. Phone toll free on 1300 787 300

M.B Spares 14-16 Lyell St, Fyshwick ACT. Please send parts requests to spares@mbspares.com.au not via the forum messenger system.

http://mbspares.com.au

praxidice
Model you own: w168

Re: Fuel gauge malfunction A168

Post by praxidice » Mon 27 May, 2013 8:51 am

John Green wrote:Unfortunatly this is a common fault with these. However unlike some later model MB's you can buy the fuel gauge on its own without having to buy the compleate fuel pump/sender package.

Tank is under the car so can be a bugger to get to unless you have a hoist. Order and change your fuel filter at the same time.
I've already tried to get the plastic panels off with the car on ramps but its nowhere near high enough. A comrade in crime has a pit to service his humungous stretched 400 series motorhome so I'll try on that when I get a chance. What actually goes wrong with the fuel level sender, ie does it just jam up or the resistance cark it or something else ?? Fuel filter was only changed by Mercedes Brisbane last service. I'm losing confidence in that mob because they don't appear to open their eyes to things right in front of them although they know all about writing big bills.

I'm surprised nobody seems to know about the diagnostic connector ... expected that to be common knowledge here

Return to “W168-169, W176 A-Class and C117 CLA Class”