MB-Tex

Interior Trim, options, maintenance and Care.
SimonE200
C Class
Model you own: w210

MB-Tex

Post by SimonE200 » Thu 12 Jun, 2008 9:47 am

Looks like I'm first cab off the rank in here.

What tips and tricks do people have for cleaning MB-Tex? Any particlar products that work well? Any products to avoid?

Hendrik
Mercedes Demigod
Model you own: w124

Re: MB-Tex

Post by Hendrik » Thu 12 Jun, 2008 11:49 am

Detergent and warm water. Upholstery cleaner works well too. Carpet shampoo.
Depends on the type of stain but it is best to start off with a mild detergent and if that don't do the job go up to the next level of cleaner, until you get to oven cleaner (which may well eat the tex).
I use a citrus based upholstery/carpet cleaner which leaves a nice and fruity smell.
Anyway remember that tex is fancy speak for vinyl.

will230
Pagoda

Post by will230 » Thu 12 Jun, 2008 8:09 pm

The hardest thing I found was getting into the pitted areas on the MB-Tex. I used a dish cleaning brush to get in with some upholstery cleaner....

....I wouldn't bother with the aerosol foaming ones though, they didn't work at all for me. Warm soapy water is supposed to work OK was well.
Ford Falcon Forums
---- How do I stop people trying to hail me down late at night with a kebab in hand?

hendjohn
Dernburg Wagon
Model you own: w111

Post by hendjohn » Thu 11 Sep, 2008 9:33 pm

My '61 220SE had heavily soiled seats when I bought it a couple of months ago. I found the best treatment was "Earth Choice" kitchen cleaner - a gentler version of 'Jif' which is used for cleaning kitchen surfaces. Used a nail brush and quite a bit of water to dislodge the grime. Needed to use an old toothbrush on the seams. Finally, a pass with 'AutoGlym' interior shampoo followed by AutoGlym Vinyl & Rubber Care, which seems to have bought back the colour and doesn't leave things too shiny, as with Armourall or equivalent products.
John
Brisbane

lyndel62
C Class
Model you own: w123

Post by lyndel62 » Sun 10 Jan, 2010 7:24 pm

Im just in the process of cleaning my interior and am using compressed air to get into all the corners and running it over the carpets and in between the vinyl trim of the seats... sure works wonders... and loosens all the grime. Am giving it a good vac. as I go along and things are looking fantastic.
Oh Lord Won't You Buy Me A Mercedes Benz

Return to “Interior”