Artico upholstery

Interior Trim, options, maintenance and Care.
Drummo
B Class
Model you own: w164

Artico upholstery

Post by Drummo » Wed 19 Oct, 2016 4:34 am

Should I condition/clean the Artico upholstery in my ML to prolong its life?
I have read comments of the Artico splitting after a few years and MB not wanting to know about it.

Moopere
Pagoda
Model you own: w203

Re: Artico upholstery

Post by Moopere » Thu 20 Oct, 2016 5:04 pm

I've got a CLC not an ML, but I imagine the Artico is the same. Had mine going into 7 years now. My view on upholstery, vinyl upholstery anyway (ie; Artico) is to play with it as little as possible. Keep it clean, and when I clean it I use proper interior products from known sources, but otherwise, the less you scrub it and mess with it the better.

Mine has had its fair share of sitting in unshaded car parks, in WA, whilst I am at work and during summer it gets oven hot inside but I've not had any cracking of the vinyl except on the arm rests, and particularly the drivers arm rest ... but this will be wear and tear I feel certain (150K+ km). What -is- happening to the vinyl is that the glue that they use to keep the edges down is failing, so now both my front seats have that annoying quarter or half millimeter edge thats starting to raise and showing its underside ... which isn't completely black ... annoys the heck out of me. My guess is that a lifetime of parking heat has probably done most of the damage there.

Drummo
B Class
Model you own: w164

Re: Artico upholstery

Post by Drummo » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 2:53 am

Understood. Thanks for the reply.

Return to “Interior”