W211 Blue tooth Audio upgrade using COMAND deck MoBridge M2

1995-Present : E200, E220D, E240, E290TD, E300, E300TD, E200, E240, E250, E280, E300, E320, E420, E430, E350, E500 E55AMG, E63AMG & incl. blueTEC & BlueEfficiency, All CLS models
njv
B Class
Model you own: w116

W211 Blue tooth Audio upgrade using COMAND deck MoBridge M2

Post by njv »

Hi guys,
I posted the same message on benzworld but thought id pop it here in case it helps any Aussies. I bought the Mobridge from sound labs and fit it a few days ago.
for quite some time I've been annoyed about not being able to stream music through our E class main unit. It had a CD player but thats a bit dated. I did not want to install one of those Chinese abominations as i wanted to keep the original deck functioning. There are a few options but they all sounded a bit complicated. I bit the bullet and ordered the Mobridge M2 Proconnect. I already had Blue tooth phone audio and it was solely the streaming i wanted. The Unit effectively provides
-blue tooth telephone (if you dont have)
-blue tooth audio streaming
-USB input if you dont have
-auxiliary jack if you dont have
It was a real nuisance to install as there is nothing out there so I made this video which i hope helps some people determine if its what they want and if its the right thing for them. If i had clear instructions it wouldnt have been so hard. It works clearly and reliably although the head unit as a controller is not so crisp. I think Dension offered an alternative but i know nothing of it here in our neck of the world.
I hope the video helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqzQkRY ... e=youtu.be
PunkJr
Gelandewagen
Model you own: w126

Re: W211 Blue tooth Audio upgrade using COMAND deck MoBridge

Post by PunkJr »

This is a very useful video, thank you for posting it. I'm considering upgrading my system but it does look daunting!