Kjet pressure testing

1976-1985: 230T, 230E, 230TE, 230CE, 280E, 280TE, 280CE, 240D, 300D, 300CD, 300TD,
Lance

Kjet pressure testing

Post by Lance »

Hello all,
I want to carry out the pressure checks that the manual talks about on my W123 280E. Has anyone done this? What pressure testing equipment did you use and where did you get it from?
Regards,
Lance.
vegetable_soup+3
E Class
Model you own: w123

Re: Kjet pressure testing

Post by vegetable_soup+3 »

www.k-jet.biz/contact.html
Access this link; it opens the home page to a good local resource. Select "Tests" from the top bar options. This will open and provide simple concise instructions, and well illustrated diagrams with satisfactory approximate pressure test values for both K and KE variants.
I bought a set of fuel pressure reading gauges off ebay 5 years ago (approx. $100). Advertised as coming with all appropriate fittings for testing Bosch K Jet and KE Jet systems, it didn't. I had to improvise.

Incidentally, I bought an exchange reco fuel distributor from this bloke for one of my 230E's. No problems- it worked well.
Lance

Post by Lance »

Thanks for that, had a look under tests but nothing there, I will contact him and see if I can get the info. I have seen a few pressure testers on ebay so I will order one.
vegetable_soup+3
E Class

Hi Lance- I just retried the site: the "Test' button on his home page 'hangs' for a few seconds after selecting it- just reveals a blank for a while.
Which might explain why you found nothing.
If you wait a bit, using the cursor to scroll down the right hand border of the blank page should reveal 5 following pages of instructions.
Hope that helps- I find they are a good 'Go To' reminder of the crucial steps needed to test the fuel delivery side.
Rob
Lance

Post by Lance »

Just tried it at home, it works, I was looking it up at work, maybe their firewall was blocking it. That shows me how to connect the gauge, now I can do all the checks.
John Green
Mercedes Demigod
Model you own: w112
Region: Australian Capital Territory

Post by John Green »

Remember that k-jet is one of the highest pressure systems around with a system pressure in the 6 bar range. Double check all connections before pressuring. I have seen many high pressure leaks in my career. They are super dangerous as they are a jet of atomized fuel, one spark and :violent3: :violent3: :violent3: :violent3: :violent3:
Kind regards, / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

John Green, Member Institute Automotive Mechanical Engineers

http://mbspares.com.au - Supporting Australia's Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts.
vegetable_soup+3
E Class

Good point and thank you John- timely reminder for us amateurs to be mindful of what we are fiddling with.....Kaboom!
Lance

Post by Lance »

vegetable_soup+3 wrote: Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:46 pm I bought a set of fuel pressure reading gauges off ebay 5 years ago (approx. $100). Advertised as coming with all appropriate fittings for testing Bosch K Jet and KE Jet systems, it didn't. I had to improvise.
I finally have the pressure testing kit and of course it doesn't have the correct fittings, how did you improvise?