BMW Club NSW - Oran Park Supersprint 12th April 2009

This is the place to post event details of anything that isn't officially sanctioned by a Club. For club events or affiliated events for members of a particular club (e.g. MB ACT club) please post the event details in the members sections below
SELfor50
Finnie
Model you own: w116

BMW Club NSW - Oran Park Supersprint 12th April 2009

Post by SELfor50 » Mon 09 Mar, 2009 3:55 pm

Ok.... Before you all ask why i've posted a BMW Club event on ozbenz, let me explain.

This event is the 2nd of the year for the BMW Club NSW Clubsport challenge. I simply attend these events as a 'tag-along' competitor because they are well organised days and they tend to book up some of the best tracks on the east coast.

Last year I attended their super sprint that was held at Wakefield park on August 31st. There are photo's somewhere on here...

Results from that day are here: http://www.bmwclubnsw.asn.au/results/20 ... esults.pdf (I managed to top a number of M3's, in my 1978 450SEL)

So... anyway for the sydney folk who aren't too far from Oran Park please come along and support what's likely to be the only Mercedes entrant on the day.
Or if you'd like to enter as a competitor, let me know and i'll forward the details to you.. ( you don't need to be a member of the BMW club or anything).

This is not an 'arrive and drive' day. It's a proper super sprint, with timing transponders, and a practice session in the morning.. re-grouping (time based) for the afternoon.. and a whole bunch of fun.

Cam.

SELfor50
Finnie

Re: BMW Club NSW - Oran Park Supersprint 12th April 2009

Post by SELfor50 » Tue 07 Apr, 2009 9:49 am

Bump...

Just a reminder, if anyone from Sydney wants to see a tough W116 racing at Oran Park this Sunday, head on down.

Spectators are free. Should be a great day.

What about you Joe??? YOu going to be in Sydney on sunday? :wink:

SELfor50
Finnie

Re: BMW Club NSW - Oran Park Supersprint 12th April 2009

Post by SELfor50 » Wed 22 Apr, 2009 2:01 pm

This turned out to be a pretty good day, with a show up of 2 Mercs @ the BMW Club day.
We copped some flack from the organisers, but only until we got out onto the track... :lol:

There was 1 x 280S present, and 1 x 450SEL.

Results for the day can be found here: http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/resul ... .ORGP.S2.Y

They don't seem to match the final results the the BMW club sent out, that had myself about 2 tenths of a second quicker @ 1m31.8xxx and the 280S also about half a second quicker.

Video of both the car's, in-car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t1CMT7B3aQ

Thanks to MB Spares for assisting me with the preperation for the day!!! Without their help, I wouldn't have been able to raise the eyebrow's of them there bimmer owners.

Ol' silver arriving

Povo arriving

Scrutineering, Povo's cherry is popped.

Povo chasing down a 318i

Povo on the lean

The Grid

Ol' silver's too quick for the camera...

Return to “Non-club affiliated events - Coffee runs / Cruise days / get togethers etc.”