Star Shots! - Show us your Ride

1973-1980 : 280S, 280SE, 280SEL, 300SD, 350SE, 350SEL, 450SE, 450SEL, 450SEL 6.9
smerc
E Class
Model you own: w116

Star Shots! - Show us your Ride

Post by smerc »

Hi all,

I've been a member since 2006 and thoroughly enjoy the site. Many thanks to those who maintain it.

http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/leaverr/

I've uploaded (well at least I think I have!) a number of shots of my 1977 450SEL. I've been lucky enough to have owned the car for three and a half years. I purchased it off a Gentleman from CBR but the car was originally owned by a gentleman in SYD. The car has travelled 313,000 km's and is Milan brown (DB404) with a cream leather interior. As I have both the alloy rims and steel rims/chrome hubcaps, every now and again I swap between the two. Yesterday I changed again only this time I had the guys at Bob Jane T-Marts fit a set of Atlas white wall tyre inserts onto the car when they changed the tyres over. They thought it looked great and I've already had a number of other motorists tell me they look the part. The purist in me is a bit iffy but the gangster in me just loves them!!
Boyracer
C 111
Model you own: w123

Re: Star Shots! - Show us your Ride

Post by Boyracer »

Nice pix. Looks a very nice example indeed.

I wonder if this car originally had black and white number plates, initials MP-xxxx ?

There were two in this colour bearing these initials that I used to see around for years and years but I haven't seen either of them for quite awhile now.
Cheers,
Michael

'85 Mercedes Benz W123 230E [929 Nautical Blue Metallic]
Dweezil
C 111
Model you own: w123
Region: New South Wales

Post by Dweezil »

I know brown and arch moulds aren't to everyone's taste (Michel and Greg, I'm lookin' at you), but I gotta say I like the overall effect here.

Dweezil
smerc
E Class

Post by smerc »

Good evening gents. Thanks for your comments. If either of you have any information on the possible ownership history of this car that would be greatly appreciated. If you know the person who had the number plates MP-xxxx and could get in touch with them to confirm if they did in fact sell their car that would be fantastic. I'd very happily supply you with all the relevant information (VIN/Chassis/etc) if you need it. I contacted the NSW Mercedes Club in an effort to track down some history on the car as when I purchased it it did have their club sticker on the drivers side rear passenger quarter glass. They were very willing to help so I left all the information with them but at this stage I have, unfortunately, not heard anything from them. Cheers. Ross.
Michel
C 111
Model you own: I own multiple different models

Post by Michel »

Very Impressive Ross,

Even though I am no fan of Brown, your ride looks very very smik!

Congratulations! :wav:
Michel (in Sydney)

W116: 1978 450SEL 6.9 - 690SEL # 3312
R107: 1985 500SL AMG - LHD
C208: 2000 CLK430
W140 1990 400SEL
R230 2003 SL350
Many other non-MB cars
Giles
300 SL Gullwing
Region: Western Australia

Post by Giles »

Hi W116's, I've now joined the ranks by purchasing a 1979 W116 450SEL.
It's a one owner, 215,XXXkms, recent engine rebuild with owners manuals, data card,service history and drives quite nicely. It still has a working Becker Mexico Radio Casstte, all electric windows and sunroof work. It has a slight miss but I think it has a dodgy plug (now sorted, a few were plugs were fouled and now runs fine) or lead as it's only done 3000kms in the last two years. It has rego until the end of August so I'll drive it until then and then reconsider my options.
It was too good to pass on and it was traded at the local stealership, they know I'm keen on 1970 models. Here's what "Sterling (Moss) Green" looks like now.
I'll add elbow grease and a touch of paint here and there and see how it scrubs up.
photo1.JPG
Regards,

Giles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1988 V126 560SEL Poida The King wears white
1981 C107 500SLC Lola. The Queen wears black
1989 V126 420SEL Shaun The Jack wears black
2007 X164 500GL James The Joker wears black

http://www.kudoscc.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/kudoscc?mibextid=LQQJ4d
Benz Hur
M-100
Model you own: w111

Post by Benz Hur »

Love to see an interior shot Giles. Is it two-tone like that awesome brown car above? (I love that Milan Brown colour BTW Ross - '70's colour style at it's finest).
Michael

'62 W111 220SE sedan German built, front bench. Esmerelda
'70 W114 250CE sold
'72 W114 280C in DB-606 (Maple Yellow) PNG import. Celeste
smerc
E Class

Post by smerc »

Hi Giles, Congratulations on your purchase. It looks great and I'm sure now that the spark plug issue is sorted it should run really well.........and just keep getting better and better the more you use it.

Hey Michael, thanks for your kind comments about my Milan Brown 450SEL. I too love the colour. I love it so much in fact I just purchased another one. Yes, ANOTHER one! This one is a 1980 450SEL (other one is a 1977 450SEL). It's got a velour interior (I never was a big fan of velour but now that I've seen it up close, have actually sat on it and can see the quality of it, I've become quite the promoter). The car has 140,000 Miles on it (it was a private import some years ago) and we drove it up to Queensland from Melbourne in one go (after getting all the fluids changed before leaving Melbourne. We used a company called Mercstar Motors in Bayswater North. They're a family owned and operated business and were fantastic. I can highly recommend them.) The car performed flawlessly and did not use one drop of oil, radiator fluid, etc. I'm sure you'd agree that half the fun of buying a car is getting to drive it home (with all fingers and toe's crossed!) for the first time. Driving it all the way from Melbourne reminded me of just how comfortable these big, beautiful cars are. I've uploaded some photo's of the car onto photobucket. It's the one with the chrome rims and number plate S-22450.

http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/leaverr/

You'll also notice I've taken the white wall tyres and chrome wheel arches off my other one and I've put it's original alloy rims back on. I'm enjoying both the cars looking how they would have when they left the factory. I've also uploaded a short video of the two cars onto Youtube. Just type in 'Mercedes Milan Brown W116' and it will come up. Cheers. Ross.
Last edited by smerc on Tue 29 May, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Benz Hur
M-100

Post by Benz Hur »

Cool Ross, you should consider a Retro Chaffeur business as a side venture with your fleet of brown beauties.

Well done! Yes, Mercs are an addiction, one is never enough. I'm going to try to stop at three for a while but one day when I'm no longer renting and have the space, I'm sure there will be more orphans in the stable.
Michael

'62 W111 220SE sedan German built, front bench. Esmerelda
'70 W114 250CE sold
'72 W114 280C in DB-606 (Maple Yellow) PNG import. Celeste
Giles
300 SL Gullwing

Re: Star Shots! - Show us your Ride W116 Make Over

Post by Giles »

My W116 Make Over continues. The wall walls are now fitted to my spare bundts. I found a pair of chrome wheels arch moulds trhat someone didn't want, love em or hate em but it looks good to me.

Gave the engine bay a good freshen up along with the interior and the paint work has been given a good polish and wax.
Thanks to ANF for the supply of the SLS adjustemnt rod, no more saggy arse but a newer set of SLS spheres are on the shopping list as the rear end is a tad bouncy.

Still got a few things go, but all in good time.

Here's how Sterling looks to date.
IMGP0120.JPG
IMGP0118.JPG
IMGP0114.JPG
IMGP0126.JPG
Regards,

Giles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ANF
300 SLR

Post by ANF »

Looks really nice, glad that the arse no longer saggs :laughing6:
I thought that you had the old girl up for sale?

Cheers
Giles
300 SL Gullwing

Post by Giles »

ANF wrote:Looks really nice, glad that the arse no longer saggs :laughing6:

Cheers
Yeah he's for sale albeit quietly, don't want to rush these things. I'm enjoying having a second S-Class in the fleet.

Any enhancements or work done will be simply be added to the final sale price.

Reagrds,

Giles

Michel
C 111

Post by Michel »

Not a fan of green (except John of course :laughing6: ), but I have to admit Sterling looks stunning...
Michel (in Sydney)

W116: 1978 450SEL 6.9 - 690SEL # 3312
R107: 1985 500SL AMG - LHD
C208: 2000 CLK430
W140 1990 400SEL
R230 2003 SL350
Many other non-MB cars
Giles
300 SL Gullwing

Post by Giles »

Michel wrote:Not a fan of green (except John of course :laughing6: ), but I have to admit Sterling looks stunning...
Thanks Michel.

I wasn't a fan of green either, but with the addition of the chrome wheel arch moulds and the extra shine, Sterling (Moss) green has grown on me.

Who said a Rolling Stone gathers no Moss (Nickel Green). :whistle:

Regards,

Giles

Giles
300 SL Gullwing

Post by Giles »

Giles wrote:

Cheers
Yeah he's for sale albeit quietly, don't want to rush these things. I'm enjoying having a second S-Class in the fleet.

Reagrds,

Giles
Sterling was collected today by the new owner. Another fostered Mercedes saved from a fate worse than the crusher, end ing up on Bunky Bill's Used Car lot.

Now on with the coupe project.

Regards,

Giles

ANF
300 SLR

Post by ANF »

Giles wrote:
Giles wrote:

Cheers

Reagrds,

Giles
Sterling was collected today by the new owner. Another fostered Mercedes saved from a fate worse than the crusher, end ing up on Bunky Bill's Used Car lot.

Now on with the coupe project.

Regards,

Giles
Congrats :occasion5:
JPM

Post by JPM »

Hi Everyone,

I just joined OZBENZ after enjoying reading posts for the last month.
I recently purchased a 1979 450 SEL One owner with 158, 000 Km on it. Needs seat padding redone, minor bodytrim tidy up, paint one chrome cap, and most importantly TIMING CHAIN/ and service. Everything works bar the usual central locking issues and the radio antenna does not stand to attention when required ( I know how it feels sometimes!). Car was rarely driven after its owner passed away, his wife held on to it until her 80's but she had another car so very little use.

I am looking for a Quality mechanic at a reasonable price (Is not everyone?) I have read all the disclaimers about recommendations on this site but does anyone have any tips? I am in Western Sydney. Hope this does not break "off topic rules".

I used to use Karlo Kittle at Cremorne years ago when I had a 450 SL and 280 CE, he was great but I am not sure if he has retired?
Does anyone know Nigel at Eurobenz at Blacktown ? or a Mercedes Club member Arman Sarkasian at MR Engines?

Thanks in advance for anyone who responds.

Regards

Ian
pastelgrey300D
Maybach Exelero

Post by pastelgrey300D »

Welcome Ian, that is a gorgeous looking 450SEL! Being a 1979 model too it has the higher output engine - great to see it is in such excellent condition and still has the original becker radio etc.

Such a cool colour combo too - I really like that parchment interior from the 60's and 70's era cars. Hopefully a local member will be able to point you in the direction of a decent place for service.
David
1967 W111 230S - Horizontblau
1965 W110 190c - Mittelrot
1963 W110 190c - Custom Wagon Conversion (work in progress)
1983 W123 280E - About as modern as I dare to go (rolling resto project)
+ other classics
smerc
E Class

Post by smerc »

Hi Ian,

Welcome to OZBENZ. Judging by the photo's you've found yourself a lovely looking car and gold is another classic 1970's colour. All the best and enjoy your new toy. Cheers. Ross.
thirstymerc
M-100
Model you own: w114

Post by thirstymerc »

Welcome Ian,

Albert at West Star Autos in St Marys comes highly recommended by a couple of mates.

Not sure how far you are from him?

Cheers

Steve
Steve
1971 VW Beetle - Barry the Bug
1969 280se w108 - Max the Merc
1971 250 w114 - Molly the Merc
John Green
Mercedes Demigod
Model you own: w112
Region: Australian Capital Territory

Post by John Green »

I am looking for a Quality mechanic at a reasonable price (Is not everyone?) I have read all the disclaimers about recommendations on this site but does anyone have any tips? I am in Western Sydney. Hope this does not break "off topic rules".
MB Spares is not that far from Sydney? Come down and enjoy some Canberra hospitality whilst we sort the timing chain out?
Kind regards, / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

John Green, Member Institute Automotive Mechanical Engineers

http://mbspares.com.au - Supporting Australia's Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts.
JPM

Post by JPM »

Thanks for the warm welcome from OZBenz members.

Pastel Grey 300 D I love your collection of vehicles and I appreciate the extra information shared regarding the later 450's engines. The car is in excellent condition so the responsibility is to keep it that way. I will use the way Ross keeps his cars as inspiration!

Thanks for the good wishes Ross. I really enjoyed chatting to Ross a while ago about his Brown Beauties, I was happy to see he found storage for his 450's, I was trying to get to Queensland with a view to buying one only to see he had found the right storage, and I know he did not really want to part with them. He is a great guy to talk with and so enthusiastic about his vehicles.

Perhaps I will visit Canberra to see MB spares and enjoy the hospitality. I will give you a call about it.

Thanks Thirsty Merc for the tip regarding Albert, he is not so far from me so I will have a chat to him as well. For anyone on the South Coast a friend of mine has been using Philstar in Wollongong and he is very happy with him.

Thanks again to everyone who posted a responce.

All the best

Ian
smerc
E Class

Post by smerc »

Thanks for your kind words Ian and welcome to Ozbenz once again. The W116 is a beautiful modern classic and I hope you enjoy yours for many years to come. Cheers. Ross.
oliveoyl
Pagoda

Post by oliveoyl »

Giles wow that green car was spectacular. I wish I'd seen it for sale, I haven't been on here for too long obviously!
1977 280SE W116 - Magic Lounge Cruiser
1999 Jaaaag XJR
2004 Toyota Prado - The Boss Lady's Ride (can't afford a GL yet)
2004 Toyota Supra - The 600hp Cop Magnet
flashyone1

Post by flashyone1 »

Newly acquired 450SEL, accepted as a part trade for a Lincoln Continental.
Seems in good shape baut some minor issues need detective work. This car Joins the lovely 300E I bought back in November 2012.
AMG
OZBENZ Admin

Post by AMG »

flashyone1 wrote:Newly acquired 450SEL, accepted as a part trade for a Lincoln Continental.
Seems in good shape baut some minor issues need detective work. This car Joins the lovely 300E I bought back in November 2012.
Like :thumbup:
Current:
107.048 722.313 Signalrot Stella
124.051 716.62 Perlblau / Iceblau Gretel
201.034 717.404 Blauschwarz Hermann
212.074 722.931 Diamantweiß Klaus
124.090 722.358 Malachit Grün Beatrix

Previous:
126.039 Anthracitgrau "Schultz" - In Mercedes Heaven
201.029 Signalrot "Sabine" - has taken ownership of Andrew's Garage
107.023 Astralsilber "Lurch" - now in the loving care of Craig B
201.035 Blauschwarz (parted) formerly owned by Derek/Hasan.
cashalbe
S Class

Post by cashalbe »

My work in progress . Just love this shape merc .vz ss commodore running gear and 1987 w126 560 rear end and SLS plus fuel pump set up .
Tony T
Große

Post by Tony T »

I just recommissioned my '76 280SE today to use while I work out what to do with my 280TE. :dontknow:
I must admit that I kinda forgot how nice it is to drive......

Tony

450SLC, 280SE, 280TE, 300E
cuisses
300 SLR
Model you own: w108

Post by cuisses »

A wonderful period colour - looks like a great vehicle.
I must admit that I kinda forgot how nice it is to drive.
Just shows you don't need to have a humungous V8 to have a nice Benz.
I liked the photo of the ladies carrying umbrellas in your slide show. :love10:
David Williams

W108 280SE 4.5 (Papyrus White and Palomino)
John Green
Mercedes Demigod
Model you own: w112
Region: Australian Capital Territory

Post by John Green »

cuisses wrote:A wonderful period colour - looks like a great vehicle.
I must admit that I kinda forgot how nice it is to drive.
Just shows you don't need to have a humungous V8 to have a nice Benz.
I liked the photo of the ladies carrying umbrellas in your slide show. :love10:
yes, see what you mean, not so sure about the snake??
Kind regards, / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

John Green, Member Institute Automotive Mechanical Engineers

http://mbspares.com.au - Supporting Australia's Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts.
Tony T
Große

Post by Tony T »

Took me a while to work out what you blokes were on about.... :Doh:

Yes....... the snake.......
Picture this: we towed our 1982 caravan over to Renmark last week (with my 1982 280TE, to keep the story on topic) and set up on the banks of the Murray River. A beautiful, sunny 26 degrees. Sitting under the annex, I'm reading the latest issue of MB Classic magazine and my wife is on the phone to her Mum. :smile: She interrupts to say, "Oh, Tony. There's a snake behind you!" :sad2:
Now I'm not very brave with snakes and this one wasn't backing off. My wife offered a Tupperware container to catch it in but luckily a mate who was camped there as well had a long-handled spade.
I honestly would have preferred to chase it back into the river, but there was a school group there as well, so I'm afraid he is no more.
Oddly enough, I'm happy to pick up almost any spider, but snakes give me the heeby geebies. :laughing6:

Tony

450SLC, 280SE, 280TE, 300E
cashalbe
S Class

Post by cashalbe »

20140118_172238.jpg
My work in progress ..slow progress
oliveoyl
Pagoda

Post by oliveoyl »

Tony T wrote:I just recommissioned my '76 280SE today to use while I work out what to do with my 280TE. :dontknow:
I must admit that I kinda forgot how nice it is to drive......

what a beauty, great colour. If you ever want to move it on drop me a line, I have a 280se illness!
1977 280SE W116 - Magic Lounge Cruiser
1999 Jaaaag XJR
2004 Toyota Prado - The Boss Lady's Ride (can't afford a GL yet)
2004 Toyota Supra - The 600hp Cop Magnet
Tomas03
170s
Model you own: w109
Region: Victoria

Post by Tomas03 »

Here is my newest runabout. '78 450SEL with the works.
Daniel
1971 300SEL 6.3 # 5857
1971 300sel 3.5
1990 190E 2.6
2003 ML55 AMG
2016 Moto Guzzi V9 Racer
http://tomas03.shutterfly.com/
Greg in Oz
300 SL Gullwing

Post by Greg in Oz »

That's a tidy looking 116 Daniel. Your signature now suggests you are a serious candidate for the "addict" topic.
107026 500SLC 1981 4sp auto, thistle green, green velour
124052 E320 Coupe 1993 5sp auto, nautical blue, cream-beige leather
124090 300TE 1990 4sp auto, arctic white, cream-beige MBtex
163175 ML500 2002 5sp auto, silver, black leather
201024 190E-2.0 1985 5sp manual, black, black MBtex
201028 190E-2.3 Sportline 1990 5sp manual, arctic white, blue leather
201028 190E-2.3 1992 4sp auto, blueblack, grey MBtex
201028 190E-2.3 Sportline 1990 4sp auto, signal red, black cloth (parts car)
201034 190E-2.3-16 Cosworth 1985 5sp manual, blueblack, black leather
204047 C250 2012 7sp auto, cavansite blue, cream leather (hers)
YG2S8 Mini Clubman GT 1972 4sp manual, blue, parchment vinyl (my first car which I still own)
Tomas03
170s

Post by Tomas03 »

Greg in Oz wrote:That's a tidy looking 116 Daniel. Your signature now suggests you are a serious candidate for the "addict" topic.
I've always been an addict just couldn't rob enough houses to fund my addiction. :laughing6:
I've found that you can buy lots of cheap mercs to make your signature look better. I also have a very nice financial partner (ie wife) who loves being driven around in Mercs.
Daniel
1971 300SEL 6.3 # 5857
1971 300sel 3.5
1990 190E 2.6
2003 ML55 AMG
2016 Moto Guzzi V9 Racer
Greg in Oz
300 SL Gullwing

Post by Greg in Oz »

Tomas03 wrote:...I've found that you can buy lots of cheap mercs to make your signature look better. I also have a very nice financial partner (ie wife) who loves being driven around in Mercs.
You definitely have one to hang onto there (wife that is). Must admit, mine is pretty understanding of my addiction too. Given that my recent 2.3-16 Cosworth purchase took place the day before a significant wedding anniversary, she is telling everyone she bought it for me as an anniversary gift.
107026 500SLC 1981 4sp auto, thistle green, green velour
124052 E320 Coupe 1993 5sp auto, nautical blue, cream-beige leather
124090 300TE 1990 4sp auto, arctic white, cream-beige MBtex
163175 ML500 2002 5sp auto, silver, black leather
201024 190E-2.0 1985 5sp manual, black, black MBtex
201028 190E-2.3 Sportline 1990 5sp manual, arctic white, blue leather
201028 190E-2.3 1992 4sp auto, blueblack, grey MBtex
201028 190E-2.3 Sportline 1990 4sp auto, signal red, black cloth (parts car)
201034 190E-2.3-16 Cosworth 1985 5sp manual, blueblack, black leather
204047 C250 2012 7sp auto, cavansite blue, cream leather (hers)
YG2S8 Mini Clubman GT 1972 4sp manual, blue, parchment vinyl (my first car which I still own)
KimB
300 SLR
Model you own: w126

Post by KimB »

Greg in Oz wrote:
Tomas03 wrote:...I've found that you can buy lots of cheap mercs to make your signature look better. I also have a very nice financial partner (ie wife) who loves being driven around in Mercs.
You definitely have one to hang onto there (wife that is). Must admit, mine is pretty understanding of my addiction too. Given that my recent 2.3-16 Cosworth purchase took place the day before a significant wedding anniversary, she is telling everyone she bought it for me as an anniversary gift.
Quote: "Given that my recent 2.3-16 Cosworth purchase took place the day before a significant wedding anniversary, she is telling everyone she bought it for me as an anniversary gift."

Wow what a woman! A great example of reverse psychology! Greg, you better hang on to her too! :wav:
W126 86 300SE Champagne
W126 84 380SEC Signal Red
T-Modell
die Nützlichkeit Meister
Model you own: w107
Region: EU- Western

Post by T-Modell »

KimB wrote:
Greg in Oz wrote:
Quote: "Given that my recent 2.3-16 Cosworth purchase took place the day before a significant wedding anniversary, she is telling everyone she bought it for me as an anniversary gift."

Wow what a woman! A great example of reverse psychology! Greg, you better hang on to her too! :wav:
+1 ... and happy anniversary, Greg!
Thomas
---------------------------------------------------------------
1967 W111 250SE Cabriolet, horizon blue
1973 W115 220D 5.0 Pick-Up Argentina, solar orange, "Ute"
1986 R107 500SL, arctic white, the midlife crisis viagra replacement
2007 R171 SLK350, calcit white
2019 W222 S560, ruby black, comfy cruiser
Tomas03
170s

Post by Tomas03 »

When my tyres started to be a little worse for wear I decided to throw my penta's onto the beast. Wasn't sure how it would look but I like it.

They need a clean with some tyre black.
Daniel
1971 300SEL 6.3 # 5857
1971 300sel 3.5
1990 190E 2.6
2003 ML55 AMG
2016 Moto Guzzi V9 Racer
Alsclk
C Class

Post by Alsclk »

Just bought myself a "Golf Car" '75 450SE, for the specific purpose of driving to and fro to golf, of course it will get far more miles than that but this is my toy. Nice nick, 215k, goes and sounds very nice and as usual a few bits and pieces that need attention, not immediate but in the near future. First cab off the rank is timing chain and associated bits and pieces if we can determine that it hasn't been done in the past
Found one very nice '75 450 SE
previously 380 SE, 220E, S420L, CLK500
cuisses
300 SLR

Post by cuisses »

"A good walk ruined." - Mark Twain on golf. :laughing6:

But he might have changed his tune had he got to drive there in a 450SE.

Looks good. Did it cost more than a good set of clubs?
David Williams

Alsclk
C Class

Post by Alsclk »

Mark sure would have changed his tune......she's lovely, I love the chrome door handles, tickle me every time I use them, strange I know. I use Japanese clubs and they aren't cheap so maybe the purchase price equals my store of golf equipment, pretty cheap really so I hope my original opinion of the cars condition matches the outcome, did I say I love my 116 :)
Alsclk
C Class

Post by Alsclk »

David, your 280 4.5, unusual in Aus???? sounds great, would love a 108/9
cuisses
300 SLR

Post by cuisses »

Alsclk wrote: I use Japanese clubs and they aren't cheap so maybe the purchase price equals my store of golf equipment,
That was my guess - ridiculous really that you can buy such an excellent piece of engineering with God knows how many precision moving parts for the same price as a bunch of sticks which don't even move properly unless wielded by an expert.

David, your 280 4.5, unusual in Aus????
Yes, only sold in the US (maybe Canada as well?) - but my one isn't original. The PO converted the family 280S by importing an engine and drivetrain from California. I have seen one or two others for sale on eBay over the years, so it is not unique in Australia. I purchased it for the condition of the car, not the engine, but having fuel injection is certainly nice - just start and go, no sitting around waiting for the carbies to wake up.
David Williams

m48pro69
Adenauer

Post by m48pro69 »

How my 6.9 now looks after fitting 16x8 inch AMG Penta rims with 225/55R/16 inch Continental tyres . :dance:
Euro 6.9 #1873 325Hp flywheel & 255.6Hp rear wheels and counting
Alsclk
C Class

Post by Alsclk »

m48pro69 wrote:How my 6.9 now looks after fitting 16x8 inch AMG Penta rims with 225/55R/16 inch Continental tyres . :dance:
very nice, great colour that, wheels have come up sensational
AMG
OZBENZ Admin

Post by AMG »

Tony T wrote:Took me a while to work out what you blokes were on about.... :Doh:

Picture this: we towed our 1982 caravan over to Renmark last week (with my 1982 280TE, to keep the story on topic) and set up on the banks of the Murray River. A beautiful, sunny 26 degrees. Sitting under the annex, I'm reading the latest issue of MB Classic magazine and my wife is on the phone to her Mum. :smile: She interrupts to say, "Oh, Tony. There's a snake behind you!" :sad2:
Now I'm not very brave with snakes and this one wasn't backing off. My wife offered a Tupperware container to catch it in but luckily a mate who was camped there as well had a long-handled spade.
I honestly would have preferred to chase it back into the river, but there was a school group there as well, so I'm afraid he is no more.
Oddly enough, I'm happy to pick up almost any spider, but snakes give me the heeby geebies. :laughing6:

Err Tony... That to me looks like an eastern Tiger snake. Where were you exactly? It's feeling a little anxious - flattened out it's neck and looking agitated. Hope it isn't around to tell the tale...

Growing up where eastern taipans were regular encounters, I feel little sympathy for any snake whatsoever. long-handled shovel with a good sharp edge is the way to go.
Current:
107.048 722.313 Signalrot Stella
124.051 716.62 Perlblau / Iceblau Gretel
201.034 717.404 Blauschwarz Hermann
212.074 722.931 Diamantweiß Klaus
124.090 722.358 Malachit Grün Beatrix

Previous:
126.039 Anthracitgrau "Schultz" - In Mercedes Heaven
201.029 Signalrot "Sabine" - has taken ownership of Andrew's Garage
107.023 Astralsilber "Lurch" - now in the loving care of Craig B
201.035 Blauschwarz (parted) formerly owned by Derek/Hasan.
olddog642
S Class
Model you own: w201

Post by olddog642 »

AMG wrote:
Tony T wrote:Took me a while to work out what you blokes were on about.... :Doh:

Err Tony... That to me looks like an eastern Tiger snake. Where were you exactly? It's feeling a little anxious - flattened out it's neck and looking agitated. Hope it isn't around to tell the tale...

Growing up where eastern taipans were regular encounters, I feel little sympathy for any snake whatsoever. long-handled shovel with a good sharp edge is the way to go.
Sure looks like a Eastern Tiger snake, they are responsible for at least one death a year from snake bit their venom is only slightly less than the brown snake. I must say that snakes don't give me as much concern as spiders especially the funnel web and trap door.
Daily driver
1988 190e 2.6 Almandinrot "Etta"
olddog642
S Class
Model you own: w201

Post by olddog642 »

Ooppps got a bit sidetracked there what I was about to say was, the wheel arch trims look good I like them.
Daily driver
1988 190e 2.6 Almandinrot "Etta"