Hello again...

Newcomers Please stop here first.
A wealth of information here to help you find your way through OZBENZ Forums
Post Reply
ANF
300 SLR
Posts: 2094
Joined: Fri 13 Jan, 2012 6:54 pm
Model you own: I own multiple different models
Location: Hobart

Hello again...

Post by ANF » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 8:57 pm

Not a new member but a returning one, has been a couple of years since my last post. I sometimes drop in to check things out but not posted. Thought it was time!

The E class has gone to the grave yard, pretty major crash that wrote it off but had me walk away from it! Sad as I really liked that car. Replaced it with a 2005 ML 350, it is a good car and does all that I need, not in the same vein as the E class but a damn good SUV. As most would have seen my fleet of W108s is gone, most going to tazzieman.

A lot has happened since I was last here, new home, married and have finally acquired my dream machine - 1983 Porsche 928 S :smile:
I am still a big fan of the 3 pointed star (and will most likely always have one), but most of my time is either spent working on the new house, my Porsche or family time, no need to continually work on MBs now, just the Porsche :whistle:

Image

Image

Cheers :wave:

User avatar
cuisses
300 SLR
Posts: 1805
Joined: Thu 19 Nov, 2009 9:18 pm
Model you own: w108
Location: Canberra

Re: Hello again...

Post by cuisses » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 9:49 pm

Welcome back. Glad to hear that the E-Class performed as it should. A club member here as a 928 and seems to love it - despite the odd location of the engine.
David Williams

W108 280SE 4.5 (Papyrus White and Palomino)

User avatar
T-Modell
SLS AMG
Posts: 2709
Joined: Mon 10 Apr, 2006 1:47 am
Model you own: w107
Location: Weinheim / Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello again...

Post by T-Modell » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 9:53 pm

Welcome Adam,

great Porsche, my dream always. Just - I guess - a bit expensive to maintain. Like the first ones in the 70s, with the chequered seats.

Regards
Thomas
---------------------------------------------------------------
1967 W111 250SE Cabriolet, horizon blue
1973 W115 220D 5.0 Pick-Up Argentina, work in progress 2017/18/19
1986 R107 500SL, arctic white, the midlife crisis viagra replacement
2007 R171 SLK350, calcit white
2008 S211 E63T, calcit white, sleeper

KimB
300 SLR
Posts: 1554
Joined: Thu 20 Dec, 2007 5:57 pm
Model you own: w126
Location: Sydney

Re: Hello again...

Post by KimB » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 9:55 pm

Welcome back Adam!
Glad you are starting a new life after all your recent traumas.

I wonder how long it will be before a classic Benz graces your driveway again?

Funny thing is that our two daughters are now based in Hobart and Freycinet. So we have been down there a couple of times, last time was at Christmas.

Hopefully the next time we are down we will get to say hello!

Cheers
Kim
W126 86 300SE Champagne
W126 84 380SEC Signal Red

ANF
300 SLR
Posts: 2094
Joined: Fri 13 Jan, 2012 6:54 pm
Model you own: I own multiple different models
Location: Hobart

Re: Hello again...

Post by ANF » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:01 pm

cuisses wrote:Welcome back. Glad to hear that the E-Class performed as it should. A club member here as a 928 and seems to love it - despite the odd location of the engine.
Thanks David!
Yes the E class saved my life.....

The 928 engine is exactly where it should be :smile:

ANF
300 SLR
Posts: 2094
Joined: Fri 13 Jan, 2012 6:54 pm
Model you own: I own multiple different models
Location: Hobart

Re: Hello again...

Post by ANF » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:01 pm

T-Modell wrote:Welcome Adam,

great Porsche, my dream always. Just - I guess - a bit expensive to maintain. Like the first ones in the 70s, with the chequered seats.

Regards
Thomas
Thanks Thomas, your fleet looks to have grown?

User avatar
T-Modell
SLS AMG
Posts: 2709
Joined: Mon 10 Apr, 2006 1:47 am
Model you own: w107
Location: Weinheim / Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello again...

Post by T-Modell » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:03 pm

Just by one car (in the state it is, I wouldn't call it a car, more a pile of rubbish) ... you can have a look here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21155

Regards
Thomas
---------------------------------------------------------------
1967 W111 250SE Cabriolet, horizon blue
1973 W115 220D 5.0 Pick-Up Argentina, work in progress 2017/18/19
1986 R107 500SL, arctic white, the midlife crisis viagra replacement
2007 R171 SLK350, calcit white
2008 S211 E63T, calcit white, sleeper

ANF
300 SLR
Posts: 2094
Joined: Fri 13 Jan, 2012 6:54 pm
Model you own: I own multiple different models
Location: Hobart

Re: Hello again...

Post by ANF » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:04 pm

KimB wrote:Welcome back Adam!
Glad you are starting a new life after all your recent traumas.

I wonder how long it will be before a classic Benz graces your driveway again?

Funny thing is that our two daughters are now based in Hobart and Freycinet. So we have been down there a couple of times, last time was at Christmas.

Hopefully the next time we are down we will get to say hello!

Cheers
Kim
Thanks Kim,

Yes they are all hopefully behind me now!
Not sure on another older Benz, the 928 is all for now :smile:

I have spent a bit of time at Freycinet over recent times.
Most definitely next time you are down call by and say hello!

Cheers

ANF
300 SLR
Posts: 2094
Joined: Fri 13 Jan, 2012 6:54 pm
Model you own: I own multiple different models
Location: Hobart

Re: Hello again...

Post by ANF » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:45 pm

T-Modell wrote:Just by one car (in the state it is, I wouldn't call it a car, more a pile of rubbish) ... you can have a look here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21155

Regards
Thomas
Just a small amount of work Thomas......

User avatar
markb
300 SLR
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed 20 Jul, 2005 1:54 pm
Model you own: w123
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Hello again...

Post by markb » Thu 26 Jan, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi Adam

Great to see you're back and life has improved since we last PM'd each other a couple of years ago.
Porker 928...what a beast and really glad you finally found one !

Let me know if you're over in Melbourne again for another catch up.

Cheers
Mark
Current Fleet
1985 C123 280CE Midnight Blue with blue MB Tex (240k klms, Daily Driver 2010- )
Past Benzes:
1972 W108 280SE 3.5 White (2002-2003 project)
1971 W108 280SE 3.5 White (1999-2006 Unmolested original & sadly missed)
1987 S124 230TE Diamond Blue (2002-2007 Family cruiser)
1983 W126 280SE Champagne 106k Klms (Custodian in 2013)
1969 W113 280SL Champagne (Custodian in 2000)
1988 W124 300E Diamond Blue (2016 project)

ANF
300 SLR
Posts: 2094
Joined: Fri 13 Jan, 2012 6:54 pm
Model you own: I own multiple different models
Location: Hobart

Re: Hello again...

Post by ANF » Sat 28 Jan, 2017 11:47 am

markb wrote:Hi Adam

Great to see you're back and life has improved since we last PM'd each other a couple of years ago.
Porker 928...what a beast and really glad you finally found one !

Let me know if you're over in Melbourne again for another catch up.

Cheers
Mark
Thanks Mark,

Yep, life is pretty good right now!
The Porsche certainly is a beast :dance:

We do travel to Melb a bit will look you up next time :smile:

My old Weiss 108 as my wedding car it did indeed scrub up well!

Post Reply

Return to “Welcome to OZBENZ!”