It all started with a Television ad...

Newcomers Please stop here first.
A wealth of information here to help you find your way through OZBENZ Forums
Sheep Dog

It all started with a Television ad...

Post by Sheep Dog » Fri 06 Jan, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi All,

Short time reader, first time poster.

I am in the mix somewhat with a Mercedes but don't want to jump too far ahead until a few things settle with the particular vehicle. The hunt was on for a time and I think I have found what I wanted but this won't be known for a few weeks yet.

As mentioned in the Subject title my affair with MB all started with a television advertisement from 10 maybe 15 years ago (and even this is a guess) and this is partly why I am here... I cannot find it for love nor money online! The tune is locked somewhere in my head but as yet I have been unable to locate the song or ad. I am almost sure it was along the lines of Steppenwolf "Magic Carpet Ride" or The Youngbloods "Get together" but for the life of me I cannot find it.

To be honest, I can't really even remember the ad that well, but I do remember thinking at the time "I'm buying a Mercedes Benz. Don't know which one, but I'm getting on one day". My then girlfriend (now wife) mentioned at the time that I was an advertisers wet dream because if she wasn't there, MB would have just got a sale. The power of music...

So there seems to be a pretty good collective brains trust on here and someone may just know, it was on Australian TV and the timeline is rusty but I think 10-15 years back. My wife seemed to think it was a C-Class ad but I can't find anything.

So if you could help a brother out, that would be great... it does sound crazy but how I came to get this car at 43 is also just as crazy.

I'll get my post count up so I can post pictures later, but in the meantime I will just keep cruising and hitting the forums for information.

Thanks in advance,

Adam..

CraigB
OZBENZ Admin
Model you own: I own multiple different models

Re: It all started with a Television ad...

Post by CraigB » Sun 08 Jan, 2017 9:28 am

The only ad i remember was Janis Joplin 'lord wont you buy me a Mercedes Benz' - is that it?
Craig Baulderstone
Lurch
280s's
280SE3.5
280SL
350SL
500SEC's
560SEL's

Sheep Dog

Post by Sheep Dog » Mon 09 Jan, 2017 9:10 am

CraigB wrote:The only ad i remember was Janis Joplin 'lord wont you buy me a Mercedes Benz' - is that it?
Nah, definitely not mate.

It's more along the lines of the ad on YouTube "Are we still having fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJcAw-yHAMs

I'll find it.... just not sure when. The wife did throw another spanner in the works though but mentioning it may have been an instrumental piece... back to ye drawing board!

116Benz
Adenauer
Model you own: I own multiple different models

Post by 116Benz » Fri 07 Apr, 2017 3:15 pm

The Magic Carpet Ride would have been the W211 release ad, (the one where the kids climb on the pedal car on the merry go round) Have a look on youtube, see of that helps.
2013 E220 CDI (Obsidian Black/Black Leather) Comfort Package & 17's
Seems to be the recuring theme of E-Class.
2014 C250 AMG (Brilliant Blue/Grey Leather) Full House with 19's
2003 ML270 CDi (Alabaster White/Grey Leather) Lux pack
3 works well enough......Untill a Thistle W126 SEL comes along.

Starman
540 K
Model you own: w211

Post by Starman » Sat 08 Apr, 2017 10:11 am

My love for W211 started in Melbourne one day when one drove right past me - love at first sight...
W212 E400 Avantgarde
W211 E500 Elegance sold
W202 C200 "the Tank" sold

Return to “Welcome to OZBENZ!”